Bugatti Veyron smash in Surrey

Kev946

Ohhhhh that’s bad.

Does anyone else think it looks like its hunkered down on the road at the rear? They way it does when you turn the key in the door sill to make it go faster.

Either way I’m sure the owner can afford the repair bill.

Ohhhhh that’s bad.

Does anyone else think it looks like its hunkered down on the road at the rear? They way it does when you turn the key in the door sill to make it go faster.

You might be right - the rear wing's in..... :dry:

Ohhhhh that’s bad.

You might be right - the rear wing's in..... :dry:

Either that or its 10 mile back down the road and that caused the crash :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Its not the owners insurance Im that bothered about.

Whichever underwriter it is that has it insured is about to be out of pocket about £1,000,000. (would you put a 250mph car back on the road after a smash like that?)

Which means they are going to be looking for ways of getting that £1m back... A few cheaper repairs here, a few higher quotes there etc.... It will be the rest of the customers underwritten by the same insurer that will be paying for this.

Worth noting...

Do you remember that guy that wrote off his Enzo on the Pacific cost highway about a year and half ago? Ferrari said for x amount they would re-build it. There wasn't much car left.

If the veron is insured I would expect them to pay out, take ownership and sell on.

That guy that cut his Ferrari in half (I say his Ferrari, but it belonged to the bank) is in Prison in the US on multiple charges.

Apparently the bank that owned the cars (another Enzo and a Mercedes Mclaren) are suing for the value of the cars. Other stories suggest they seem to have disapeared.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 08,00.html

Reading into it, it looks like it wasnt the "owner" that crashed it, but some chap that was renting it at £20k a day.

If you read the story on the "sun" website (the paper that was sent the original photos by the passer by) after the driver and passenger had been stood there with the car for a while, a chap in a 4x4 turned up and started raving at the pair.

I can only assume that was the rather irate owner that turned up to have a chat with the driver.

If I was said driver, I would be looking over my shoulder, as anyone who can afford not only to buy a Veyron, but have the bottle to then rent it out, may know the odd dodgy character that could teach the driver a lesson :ninja:

That guy that cut his Ferrari in half (I say his Ferrari, but it belonged to the bank) is in Prison in the US on multiple charges.

Apparently the bank that owned the cars (another Enzo and a Mercedes Mclaren) are suing for the value of the cars. Other stories suggest they seem to have disapeared.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 08,00.html

This case is so messy. At one point the two cars were reported to be assets of the company so having declared brankruptcy the cars should of gone to whoever. Except they disappeared and were report to Scotland yard as stolen. That was well in advance of the crash. I think the SLR is still missing and originaly it may of been involved in the crash as the initial report said they were racing but no slr was found.

It's a great road where he crashed.