induction kit / pop charger

indy88

I know this topic comes up a hell of a lot but bear with me, I am very new to all of this.

I would like to fit an induction kit to my 350z to give it a deeper growl.

Am I right in assuming JWT pop charger is an induction kit and the most popular one at that?

also what is the rough price range and is it easy to fit yourself or is it something a garage does?

Pop chargers sound great. They're a good 2-3 times the volume of the standard intake and growl and resonate throughout the rev range. Obviously sounds epic when ripping through the gears at high rpm and tends to drown out my exhaust although that is still stock at the mo.

Very easy to fit as it bolts on to the standard MAF housing and then has a bracket to attach it to the chassis to stop it moving around. There is also a heat shield that clamps on to the frame rail and you have to make two small holes in the plastic intake snorkel so that it can screw on to it. That is the most fiddly bit to be honest.

I think Tarmac is selling these for about £125, but they can be had second hand. Check out the for sale section of the forum or ebay as there are usually a few about. I got mine second hand on the from a forum member for £50. I cleaned and re-oiled it with a K&N cleaning kit and the filter is as good as new :thumbs:

What would be better , INJEN or Pop charger in terms of power?

Neither unless you have a remap.

The 350 has an intelligent ECU, so even if you gained any kind of increase it would be dialled back to standard by the ECU with in 24 hours.

Long ram and short ram inductions kits are for show and noise.

It's been proven that the most effective air intake for a 350 is the OEM MY06+ airbox with a performance filter inserted. But again, you need an UpRev or similar remap.

Do a search......this topic has been covered 100's of times (no exageration).

As Lexx says I wouldn't be worrying too much on power.

Pop charger gives the best noise, aesthetics and bang for your buck.

Stillen is one of the best for performance, or the mod Flyboy is selling. Injen are ok I can do them at £250, same principal as the pop charger but you get a polished or black intake tube.

As Lexx says I wouldn't be worrying too much on power.

Pop charger gives the best noise, aesthetics and bang for your buck.

Stillen is one of the best for performance, or the mod Flyboy is selling. Injen are ok I can do them at £250, same principal as the pop charger but you get a polished or black intake tube.

Oh, well mainly after a little power increase. Struggling to get close to my Maestro times.

I was hoping hat with a decent CAI, Decats, decent cat back, cosworth Plenum or Spacer, and good mapping that i might be able to get close to the 13.7 i ran in the rusTro. Otherwise, i guess itll need to be SC time.

It would be interesting to know why the injen CAI is "OK"....

Anyway it's down to the OP to decide what they want to go with, plenty of sound clips and reviews out there. :thumbs:

Always happy to price match any genuine UK prices. :)

JWT received and fitted (between downpours) - cheers Tarmac

Adds a nice mmmwoaaarrr edge to the sound under load (and tempts you into playing so before you now it you're doing -ahem- naughty speeds), but its virtually mute at low revs.

Subtle - Me likey!

• 3 months later...