would you let someone test drive your car?

nixy

Is it over 25 now????? Sh!t! I drove my Dads Z28 the other week as i thought my insurance covers it!

Usually 25 but not always. You better check.

and G350z - yes I admit I did let someone take my car - he also had a 3 series and was looking at mine for his missus. He brought it back and ripped it to pieces including saying the bulbs had gone. When he'd gone I checked them and they hadn't 'gone' they'd actually GONE! He'd nicked them presumably for his BMW along with the rubber retaining straps out of the boot. He was from Leeds though! A lesson learned! There is another post somewhere that explains how thick I am.............

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone to drive my car they would need to be fully covered not 3rd party. I will take them out but I would need to see proof of insurance for them to drive.

You can easily pick up insurance for a day on a car - around £20, not a lot if you are going to spend £18K on a car.

Esure is the same.. They wont let you drive other cars third party on a full comp policy.. But having said that its the cheapest quote in the world..

Letting other people test drive your car is a real double edged sword, if you let them and they crash you have had it.. If you dont then they are unlikely to want to buy!

Its a real tricky one!

I let P15ULT drive my kuro zed when he bought it B)

Didn't you have a smash in a Z while test driving Sarnie or was it somebody else?

I think it was someone else, didnt another car go into the side of it or something?? Plus it was a dealer sale not private from what i remember

I let P15ULT drive my kuro zed when he bought it B)

Didn't you have a smash in a Z while test driving Sarnie or was it somebody else?

Yep. Whilst test driving a Nismo'd zed from Westway Nissan I totalled it when some numpty pulled out in front of me B)

Oh it was you!!! I thought it was someone from right up north not you. What happened in the end?

I went back to work :blush:

So the dealer took care of everything rather than you having to sort out insurance?

Actually they would as dealers have their own insurance dont they for things like this

Oh it was you!!! I thought it was someone from right up north not you. What happened in the end?

I went back to work :blush:

So the dealer took care of everything rather than you having to sort out insurance?

Actually they would as dealers have their own insurance dont they for things like this

Yep i was on there insurance. I just left my mobile number and left. :)

did you feel really bad even though it wasn't your fault? What a nightmare! It never put you off though and look at you now - The Stig!

Didn't feel bad at all about the car. Did feel bad that the sales guy has never at the dealership since! ie lost his job maybe :blush:

It never put me off cos the internal construction of the car was untouched so it showed me how safe the car is B)

I'm too chicken to book a normal test drive but you go and do the whole crash test dummy thing - class!

I was surprised how easy it was to get a test drive. I walked into a dealership on a saturday morning & asked to have a look at the 350Z they had in stock. Had a look around then I asked for a test drive - the sales guy gave me the keys and let me & a mate go out in it.

When I was buying an Ibiza the year before I couldnt get a test drive unless I agreed to buy the car.

Just give them a ring & let them know your interested in buying a Zed & see if you can test drive a car. If they want to talk money at the end of the drive just tell them you need to sort some things out etc.

GMs are practically invisible, I'm amazed an ASW like sl114 has one... surely he's a UY driver at heart... I bet he'd go for the new orange... :lol:
Its stealthy, therefore more of an ASW car due to the fact that people just want to know who is in it, rather than, "thats a loud car, meh!"

However yes i love the new orange colour! I want it!!!!! Would look awesome with a nismo kit on. :thumbs: