Well I broke it.......driving sensibly!

oj121

I did a 8.46min lap of the nurburgring on mixed tyres. It felt great.

Ive done many a mile on 452's in all conditions on the road and on trackdays. Perfectly acceptable tyres. If people cant drive on them, those people should not be on the road.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep referring to 'driving enthusiastically' or implying that I was ragging it or hooning. This is the bit thats bugging me as I was just bumbling home. I generally do drive it at around 7/10ths at that time as there is little around but on this day I was down around 2 or 3 tenths. If anything I believe I was probably going TOO SLOW with too little load on the outside of the car which meant when the grip disappeared the car was 'soft' and not rigid enough to react.

Wow... you talk a great corner.

So are you saying if you had been going faster, the car may have coped better?

Take a step back. Walk before you can run.

Ive done many a mile on 452's in all conditions on the road and on trackdays. Perfectly acceptable tyres. If people cant drive on them, those people should not be on the road.

:cloud9: your so cool.

I think I might want to be him.

You do but you cant.

You do but you cant.

Just to clarify how cool you actually are, did it

a) feel great because you had mixed tyres?

B) feel great because you had just woken up from a good dream?

c) feel great because you like being a passenger?

d) feel great because you can talk yourself up on a forum because nobody likes you in real life.

Bit slow isn't it? :p

:snack:

You do but you cant.

d) feel great because you can talk yourself up on a forum because nobody likes you in real life.

People keep referring to 'driving enthusiastically' or implying that I was ragging it or hooning. This is the bit thats bugging me as I was just bumbling home. I generally do drive it at around 7/10ths at that time as there is little around but on this day I was down around 2 or 3 tenths. If anything I believe I was probably going TOO SLOW with too little load on the outside of the car which meant when the grip disappeared the car was 'soft' and not rigid enough to react.

Yes. Yes I am. Thats not a difficult concept to understand or does your tiny little troll brain fail? Have you not concept of loads, balance and how a car works in a corner? God your a xxxx. What part of 'I hit some surface debris that negated traction' do you not get? If you hit something on the surface of the road that breaks your traction, tyre, driving style, abilities become moot points. Let me guess, you can powerslide road the nurbergring on ice in 3 minutes. Go troll another site.

Yet another bitch fight on here I see :lol:

Rising Power, its not worth it mate, despite the experiences of thousands of other people theres a few on here that will always tell you mixed tyres will make you fall off the road. Likewise turning off the TC will kill you in seconds (how TVR drivers with 400hp and no TC manage not to crash and burn every time they go out I dont know),

Generally with TVR`s they break down before you can unleash the power & in the unlikely event they don`t this happens :stir:

tvr_20060616_001.jpg

Must have been running mixed tyres :lol:

well i have Pirelli P Zero's all round, in the rain today i managed to 4 wheel drift across a round-about and then fish tail it for another 20m or so on the exit....i dont know if it was just oil build-up, but the car just suddenly let go...all was good though, the truck i just missed seemed to enjoy it anyway

You sir have a rather appropriate avatar for that comment. :lol:

haha, yes, very accurate :D

You do but you cant.

I cant tell you why it felt so great unless you have been there. I am not sure if you have been to the nurburgring but you seem like more of a PS3 man.

This forum is full of great info but I feel some of the comments in this thread regarding mixed tyres being dangerous and some of the driving ideas from the OP are fairly outragous.

I say it as I see it, if that gets some peoples backs up then so be it.

Yes. Yes I am. Thats not a difficult concept to understand or does your tiny little troll brain fail? Have you not concept of loads, balance and how a car works in a corner? God your a xxxx. What part of 'I hit some surface debris that negated traction' do you not get? If you hit something on the surface of the road that breaks your traction, tyre, driving style, abilities become moot points. Let me guess, you can powerslide road the nurbergring on ice in 3 minutes. Go troll another site.

So you lost control of your car and crashed and you belive extra speed would of helped :headhurt:

Thats real nice.

If I had been tavelling fast and leaned into the corner more the chassis would have been stiffer and the load pressed to the outside earlier. The setup had no load on it due to my trundling miss daisy driving. When the back went everything was far to soft to get any immediate input. You claim to have driven on a track but cant grasp that? Was it Forza by any chance?

Regardless there was no grip on the road surface. I did not have the ability to correct having zero grip. I might add there are very few that can recover spins on a surface of that level of friction. You are obviously on of them.

I cant tell you why it felt so great unless you have been there. I am not sure if you have been to the nurburgring but you seem like more of a PS3 man.

This forum is full of great info but I feel some of the comments in this thread regarding mixed tyres being dangerous and some of the driving ideas from the OP are fairly outragous.

I say it as I see it, if that gets some peoples backs up then so be it.

You can't tell me why it was so great - do you not have the vocabulary? I assumed given your troll like qualities that this would be the case and this is why I gave you possible answers in the form of multiple choice.

For your information I do not own a PS3 or any other car simulation games for that matter. Lastly, this thread was about a fellow member who has a costly accident in his zed and admitted fault whether it be tyre related or road debris of some description. You came on here and rubbed it in his face and that is what has got some peoples back up.

....and for this I award you the royal c0ck of the year award.

You can't tell me why it was so great - do you not have the vocabulary? I assumed given your troll like qualities that this would be the case and this is why I gave you possible answers in the form of multiple choice.

For your information I do not own a PS3 or any other car simulation games for that matter. Lastly, this thread was about a fellow member who has a costly accident in his zed and admitted fault whether it be tyre related or road debris of some description. You came on here and rubbed it in his face and that is what has got some peoples back up.

....and for this I award you the royal c0ck of the year award.

Goldencock.png

:#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1::#1:

DB

:cry:

:lol:

I standby all I have said. If people want to condone driving in a way which results in a crash then go ahead. If the OP feels that more speed will help in the situation then I fear what might happen if he meets another car in the road.

Cragus- You list your occupation as a primary teacher. I feel sorry for the kids you teach.

I must admit, I have enjoyed the thread :thumbs:

Reading between the lines here, the op was driving "2 or 3" tenths of his abillity at the time do you(s) not think that if he had been driving at his normal "7-8" tenths he would have been quicker to react?

just my 2pw :shrug:

I standby all I have said. If people want to condone driving in a way which results in a crash then go ahead. If the OP feels that more speed will help in the situation then I fear what might happen if he meets another car in the road.

Cragus- You list your occupation as a primary teacher. I feel sorry for the kids you teach.

May I ask why you feel sorry for the children I teach? I happen to be an excellent teacher and the pupils that are in my care enjoy being in my class. You have no basis for such a flippant comment - exactly the reason people disliked you post in the first post.

May I ask why you feel sorry for the children I teach? I happen to be an excellent teacher and the pupils that are in my care enjoy being in my class. You have no basis for such a flippant comment - exactly the reason people disliked you post in the first post.

I feel sorry for the kids in your class due to the way you have came across in this thread- aggressive and bullheaded.

Lay off the Buckfast, it may ease your mood :thumbs: