Lazy Mans DRL's

hesketh

Bought a couple of led units off ebay ages ago, fitted them to the car (between the front grill plastic slats) but didn't like the look. I was on the verge of binning them then decided to have a go at cannibalizing them and use the bits to mod some clear reflectors Id bought. Anyway Im having a go at posting them via photo bucket which Ive never used befor so they may not upload. Anyway here goes

I have copied the image codes but not sure where to paste them. In the Post a reply box the only place that will allow me to access the paste function is in the "File Comment" box. May not have clicked on "Add the File" so here goes again

Sod it. Im not only having probs displaying the pics but also suffering from the probs the web site is having at the moment.

My browser keeps timing out every time I click on something and I have to keep retrying to get anything to posted at all. Sod technology :rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry:

OK Lexx here's my final attempt. Ive just had to go into the street and pick up my dummy cos I spit it so far out before.

If this doesn't work my computer's straight out the window along with my dummy.

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

The pics are a bit hap hazard (and VERY BIG) but in essence I cut a hole in the clear reflectors, using a soldering iron, then trimmed up the edges. I removed the led pcb from the old light units I had and stuck it into place over the hole in the reflector using mastic. I then fitted the rear cover of the lamp unit over the pcb on the reflector and stuck it into place using mastic again, making it water tight and hey presto. What do you think good, reasonable or crap (you wont hurt my feelings)

Oh perlease, where are the blue LEDs, :shrug::teeth:

LED FAIL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTkN1ZiA5WRk8oKTSV6OIHMypF_BEawwTvleAg1P3C907ipsxtHDi4JKPy

Oi Oi that's Papa Smurfs new 370 :lol:

Got to admit I would be feeling a little bit inadequate if I pulled up next to this rather well endowed machine. Tell me does the voltage on the National Grid dip when there turned on ? :lol:

Very nice job indeed :clap:

It's a shame the pre facelift bumper has the reflectors facing sideways, the facelift ones are angled more to the front and would look even better still :thumbs:

Are they wired into the ignition or have you got a little button somewhere?

I'm guessing wired in as you obviously have a fair bit of skill in this area B)