Off to America

jell36

I'm off to the states next week so I've started wondering if there are any parts for my Z that I should get when I'm out there. Obviously they will need to be small enough to fit in my suitcase but I figure I should be able to save some money. What do you guys recommend? So far I am thinking about a Ti gear knob. Can anyone recommend any good places to gets parts at good prices from in the US?

Do some googling before you go. Houston is one of the map tuning capitals of the US. Vetch kicking in all over streets there!

Do you go over there often?

Yeah I get to go once or twice a year with work so can pick things up as I need them or ask colleagues to bring them back when they go.

So far im thinking, clear side markers, titanium nismo gear know, nismo rad and oil caps, and big Z badges for the front and back. Does anyone know if you can get tonneau covers in the US?

As Vik mentioned I got my HFCs out there - was well worth it! Obviously they're much lighter than usual cats and fit into a (small) suitcase easy and you can pack clothes round it thus take up surprisingly little room. If I remember they weighed 18lbs so just over 8kg.

A word of warning though - if you're going to pack anything that might flag up as 'interesting' to the US security/customs lads (as a pair of metal chambers ie the Berks did) then leave the lock off your suitcase else they'll cut/blow it off as to have a nosey in your bag. Fortunately I did ;)

I bought mine from a trader on here - B2AutoDesigns - they're based in Florida but shipped to my hotel in NJ no probs - very quick and great to deal with :)

Have fun and happy shopping,

S.

I'm going to NY in December and plan on bringing back some HFC's, and MRev2 Manifold / Spacer... along with some lighter bling.

The weight of all these is close to the luggage allowance, but the £300 saving (After you've paid the duty at customs) seems worth the hassle imho!