GT without rays

ddcboyle

Main reason i went to buy my car was because it didnt have rays

I applaud your desire to be different, there can't be many Zed shoppers on the look-out for a car WITHOUT Rays :lol:

I prefer the look of the standard wheels to the Rays tbh though of course Rays are lighter etc. Still think the standard look better though!

Ah right. Do they sell for more with rays? And if so why?

Stock wheels fetch very little.

We all know that isn't true Ricey, stock 18's are worth hundreds of pounds, probably even more than the Rays.

I have a set for sale as it goes :lol:

We all know that isn't true Ricey, stock 18's are worth hundreds of pounds, probably even more than the Rays.

I will give you £50 and use them as winter wheels :snack:

£60 if they have tyres ;)

That's £260 notes then Dave, it's a done deal ;)

Yikes 260 :scare: I last sold a set for 150 quid delivered with tyres

:lol: I was kidding - I'd love to think they were worth £200 without tyres but I reckon I'd be squirting into the wind....

:lol: I was kidding - I'd love to think they were worth £200 without tyres but I reckon I'd be squirting into the wind....

200 will be doable going into winter with people buying winter tyres :thumbs:

Over generous there SMD :dry:

IMO rays just look too custom. Like aftermarket alloys. I can see the benefit for less weight, styling etc but my cheapos look sexy :D

You're one of only a handful that would agree :)

Personally im not a fan of the normal rays or oem non rays. Rays 19" LMGT4's are what the ballers are rolling with :#1::lol:

I like the look and style of the Ray's, however because of the small dish style they re fashioned with, they look smaller to me than my OEM's, hence why I need to save up for some sexy 19" Rota's :teeth:

I do kinda agree with you there Kyle. I've always thought my standard GT wheels looked bigger than the RAYS, they don't seem to need the spacers (as much) either.

Having said that, I still want a set of RAYS.

I do kinda agree with you there Kyle. I've always thought my standard GT wheels looked bigger than the RAYS, they don't seem to need the spacers (as much) either.

Having said that, I still want a set of RAYS.

With 2nd hand Rays currently going for around half the price of a new set of 18" Rota's and weighing in at less, I still want a set too :lol:

But only if I can save up bit of cash and buy springs and spacers to get fitted all at the same time, plus i'd probably have a bit of refurbing to do to the Ray's and I want to colour change them if I do get my hands on some. Anyone fancy "lending" me £1000 :teeth:

1k for set if alloys. chrust lol. whats spacers and springs? yeah im a noob

Spacer fit between the wheel and hub making the wheels sit out a bit further, more flush with the arches giving it a much better stance, the springs, depending what ones one decides to buy, will leave the car sitting a number of mm lower (usually between 17 and 30mm) help the wheels fit more snuggly into the arches making it look sexier.

There are also small performance gains with cars that are lowered and/or have spacers, they theoretically should handle a bit better, but not sure if anyone has mentioned if there is much, if any, improvement with the Zed.

Main reason i went to buy my car was because it didnt have rays

I applaud your desire to be different, there can't be many Zed shoppers on the look-out for a car WITHOUT Rays :lol:

I prefer the look of the standard wheels to the Rays tbh though of course Rays are lighter etc. Still think the standard look better though!

+1 I think the rays look pretty rubbish. BUT when I put them on the benefits of the lightweight wheels really come out. So much so Im prepared to have an uglier car that drives better. I'd maybe only ever buy lightweight wheels now as they are worth it.

Its a shame the normal wheels weren't forged though I think they suited the car.