Engine bay painting started

m1ke

i thought with the long weekend :) i would start painting various parts of the engine bay as i have seen other members pic's and thought it looked realy good :thumbs: hear are the results which i am really please with :teeth: i plan on panting a few more bits in the future when i get some free time.

Wasso it won’t be able to become a smurf as much as I would like to join the smurf family as its silver and I wouldn’t even like to attempt to as I don’t think I could modify it to any where the standard of yours looks amazing

The process

• First of all i went and got some plastic primer, paint, sand paper and lacquer

• Then i removed all of the parts of the car that i wanted to paint

• Next i cleaned and prepared all the parts for primer and masked off the rubber that goes around the wind screen as i wanted this to remain black which failed and now it is black and silver

• Then i prepared the work are with newspaper

• for the plastic bolts i found a old sponge and pushed them in to it so they were easy to paint without getting my hand covered in paint

• Then i gave everything 3 to 4 coats of plastic primer waiting about 25mins before each new coat.

• Then i let it dry over night and then i masked off the lettering on the battery and brake fluid covers

• Next was the paint i used normal car paint from Halfords i decided that i wanted the same colour under the bonnet as the outside so i got Nissan blade silver paint and Nissan blue paint then i gave every think 3 to 4 coats of paint waiting about 30 mins before the next coat then i let it dry over night

• Then i removed the masking tape from the battery and brake fluid covers and re masked the now silver part so i could now paint the lettering Nissan blue

• Then the stage that can make it or brake it the lacquering i used spray gun to do this i did 2 coats of lacquer waiting about 30 mins before next coat it all was looking really good and then waited over night for it to dry

• Came back to it the next day and there were loads particles stuck in the lacquer and one bit had a massive run in it so then the process of sanding and polishing began i used 1500 grit paper for the sanding and then i tried a polishing with a polishing wheel and it burned through the paint so i went to the old fashioned way and did it by hand

Wasso it won’t be able to become a smurf as much as I would like to join the smurf family as its silver and I wouldn’t even like to attempt to as I don’t think I could modify it to any where the standard of yours looks amazing

I wasn't referring to mine, moreso Glrnet - he is Pappa Smurf.

All things will turn blue and silver!

But cheers for your comments, great to see you're modifying with taste :thumbs: