Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Guildford?

andyh83

I mean they can't all be that bad? :shrug:

In all seriousness, i find myself in the unfortunate position of taking out a crazy self-proclaimed "Surrey Snob" for dinner, it appears Guildford is going to be the venue. I've never even been to the place and it's a fair old drive away, so I'd prefer to have a good meal at the end of it!

With Guildford being not only 'darn sarf' but also close to London, I'm guessing it's not gonna be the cheapest of nights (although she did admit McDonalds would do, I'd really rather not considering I have a McDonalds a mile away). Somewhere that doesn't require me to sell the car would be a bonus, I really do need to drive back afterwards.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few people mention they live in or near Guildford, so any advice would be much appreciated! This is a first date I suppose, so if it all goes wrong I'll be holding the forum responsible. Don't let that put you off helping out though!

If everything goes well using a recommendation from someone here, I'll drag myself to a meet sometime and keep that persons glass topped off with their beverage of choice for the night :thumbs:

P.S. I'll help you all out by ruling out any kind of asian food!

Orrrr....save your dosh....ditch the posh bird...and take me out somewhere cheap & cheerful in MK......I'm distinctly "low" maintenance :lol:;)

Job done :D

Hannah x

I'd love to, but I'd be looking over my shoulder for GTRs driving past all night :blackeye:

Orrrr....save your dosh....ditch the posh bird...and take me out somewhere cheap & cheerful in MK......I'm distinctly "low" maintenance :lol:;)

Job done :D

Hannah x

I'd love to, but I'd be looking over my shoulder for GTRs driving past all night :blackeye:

:blush::blush::(:( Shame x x

Fried chicken shop.......burger joint.....don't waste your cash, you will get what you want without spending a fortune..... ;)

+1 :thumbs:

Anyone who actually "self-proclaims" to being snobby..doesn't deserve to be taken anywhere nice...bring her back down to earth and get her used to "slumming it"....or you're screwed on all future dates if she expects you to shell out for fancy joints all the time ;)

Hannah x

Shes not really snobby or a posh bird, most of the OP was written tongue-in-cheek, needed more smilies apparently :p

I may be getting a little ahead of myself here anyway, seeing as I just tried reversing down a dual-carriageway at 70mph I need to try and live long enough to get to guildford :bangin:

Id say CAU if it dont work out shes minutes from a train and bus stop :lol::lol: good luck wooing :thumbs:

Oh itll work out, ive got faith. And a shotgun, ladies never say no to a shotgun.

Edit - Zizzis is looking good at the moment, Im pretty sure shes part italian, so she better damn like it. That or change her name, :p

I think CAU is right next door :)

Id say CAU if it dont work out shes minutes from a train and bus stop :lol::lol: good luck wooing :thumbs:

Oh itll work out, ive got faith. And a shotgun, ladies never say no to a shotgun.

Edit - Zizzis is looking good at the moment, Im pretty sure shes part italian, so she better damn like it. That or change her name, :p

Personally, if I knew my date was part italian, the last place I'd go to is an italian restaurant.

Think outside the box and go for something new to her, much in the sense that you would be something new in her life (potentially). Try a Teppenyaki restaurant or something, then if it does work out you'll have a memorable first date story to tell your friends.

Personally, if I knew my date was part italian, the last place I'd go to is an italian restaurant.

Think outside the box and go for something new to her, much in the sense that you would be something new in her life (potentially). Try a Teppenyaki restaurant or something, then if it does work out you'll have a memorable first date story to tell your friends.

Teppenyaki FTW!

Bullet, that was far too deep for me :shrug:

Teppenyaki FTW!

See....Neil gets it :thumbs: