New 350Z test driven

M13KYF

In this weeks AutoExpress the new 350Z with the HR engine and modified suspension has been test driven in Japan. It get 4 out of 5 stars and they really like it. A 0-60 time claimed 5.5 seconds. Ride quality is improved over potholes and steering is just as sharp as the previous model. Inerior doesn't look any different. A price hike of around £1000 is forecasted.

"Standard equipment: Sat-nav, xenon headlamps, leather sports seats, 18-inch alloys, driver and passenger airbags, Brembo brakes"

"The only downside is that none of this is going to come cheap. The Japanese firm has already hinted that the latest model will be at least £1,000 more than the outgoing car, taking this 350Z to £26,500, with GT versions costing nearly £30,000."

Is it me or does a MY06 GT with Sat Nav not already cost around £31k? Not too keen on these price reductions.. it might affect resale value B)

Also in the Autoexpress pics the cruise control buttons appear to have vanished from the sterring wheel - shame, I find them very handy for average speed cameras.

G

I would be thoroughly pi**ed off if had bought a MY06 last year :dry:
I did and I am :rant:

I did and i m not.

Thats the way the market works ;)

Anyway, just think when they could be delivered. I mean, in october last year nobody at Nissan Europe had even heard about this upgrade for 2007, so pre-ordering wasnt an option. I guess if you ll get one by half 2007 you are lucky. When I bought my car I couldnt wait another 10 months, because at the yearly mileage i do my previous car would be worth nothing anymore at resale time (trying to sell a non-diesel car with 120.000km is one thing, selling it with 160.000km is another, at least overhere where 7/10 cars are oilburners ... )

And we already have the nicer (and unchanged for 2007) interior, and the exterior changes too. And who cares about the bonnet :p

yes they are only subtle updates, would only take geeks like us to notice the slight differences in spec from an 02 to an 07 model.. I think Nissan have been quite restrained with their updates, only goes to show they got it right with their initial idea :)

yes they are only subtle updates, would only take geeks like us to notice the slight differences in spec from an 02 to an 07 model.. I think Nissan have been quite restrained with their updates, only goes to show they got it right with their initial idea :)

I imagine an extra 30 bhp is noticeable. I wasn't tempted to upgrade to a MY06 but if the bonnet looks OK in the flesh (I'm off to Geneva next month :yahoo: ) I might fancy upgrading. Not orange though! :yuck:

I have to say, and Ill don my flame proof suit now...

That new "orange" is hideous. Its like a part sucked orange smartie. The power increase from the 05 to the 07 is certainly appealing, but for what it would cost, taking into account the depreciation of a brand new 07 model I really couldnt justify it to end up with effectively the same car but with a few minor differences.

You would have to pay me to drive that new orange!:blush: