First go at the engine bay tidy up

bobmac

As title guys ive never tried anything like this before, went to RS at leeds for a remap yesterday along with G man and Tranquilbass, there bays put me to shame, so i had a rummage in my shed and found

1 x aerosol blue plasicote from repairs to grandsons bike

1 x gold hammerite from repainting my old skyline calipers

1 x red high temp from painting my old scooby brake calipers

2 x household paint brushes

total cost £0

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

I know it wont be to everyones taste, but for a first effort and 4 hours work ive got to say, i came in to make tea tonight and felt pretty good about myself, i didnt include the picture of the overspray on my partners new chippings that she had put down in the front garden :teeth: perhaps i can tell her the pixies came in the night and did it :blush:

cheers mate its always nice when someone else says it looks OK, too late about the pixies though, my better half has just come in from work and is going ballistic about "some lunatic has sprayed blue paint all over the front chippings" just said nothing ( coward that i am) and said id get the brake cleaner out and have a go at removing it :blush:

Never miss a bloody thing do they? :wacko: Could've been worse if you'd have done it in the kitchen :surrender:

cheers mate its always nice when someone else says it looks OK, too late about the pixies though, my better half has just come in from work and is going ballistic about "some lunatic has sprayed blue paint all over the front chippings" just said nothing ( coward that i am) and said id get the brake cleaner out and have a go at removing it :blush:

When you said

"1 x aerosol blue plasicote from repairs to grandsons bike

1 x gold hammerite from repainting my old skyline calipers

1 x red high temp from painting my old scooby brake calipers

2 x household paint brushes"

I thought :headhurt::scare::wacko::surrender:

But it actually looks really good! :lol:

:thumbs:

Just had to own up to the chippings fiasco, overheard my son saying " dads been working on the bloody car again all day, thinks hes an artist now" so quick as a flash i owned up :teeth: my partner has just told me i shouldnt be out by myself without a carer and ive been told to only use crayons in future :blush:

DSC00196.jpg

Looks like i lied when i said no cost as im now going out for sunday lunch with the missus ( thats after a clean up the front chippings) she wants to go somewhere up near newby bridge in the lakes ( Hmmmmmm just looked and its a stonesthrow from the lakeland motor museum,i wonder :headhurt: ) yep not very clever telling her about the pixies, just been to bargain booze for the white wine pacifier, wonder how long she will make me suffer and how many times she will get a laugh when she brings up the topic in the future

Never miss a bloody thing do they? :wacko: Could've been worse if you'd have done it in the kitchen :surrender:

Or on the new patio furniture like I did :doh:

Looks ace mate well done......plenum polishing now! ;)

dot between 3 and 5 now filled in with my new crayons, once bought a roll cage for one of the scoobies i had and left it in the kitchen after it was delivered, fully intended to put it in the garage, but ive got a short attention span and i saw something that was bright and shiny, so totally forgot about it, oh how we laughed about that :blush::D