120,000 miles too much?

Geordielad87

Just spotted a Azure blue for £5500. Full Nissan service history, 2004 Reg, remapped to 320bhp, UK model so all the nice features but has 120,000 on clock!! Is this too much in everyone opinion? Shall I ask if its had new clutch etc? I only do about 3000 miles a year if that so I wouldn't add much on but just worried incase anything went wrong and re-sale value. Thanks in advance

Mick

You could get a newer Zed with half the mileage that was a complete dog :thumbsdown:

Indeed my esteemed colleague.

In fact this car might have had a shitload of work done that a 60k car its getting ready for needing.

You just don't know until you see the history.

If it had a tunes exhaust. de-cats pelham chamber and up-rev would that get it up to 320bhp?

I do not know as even with my limited knowledge I cant see it much past the 286bhp mark?

Some time sellers try to play things up to help the sale.

At the end of the day if you like it then it doesn't matter what we think. Go get it:)

B)

If it had a tunes exhaust. de-cats pelham chamber and up-rev would that get it up to 320bhp?

I do not know as even with my limited knowledge I cant see it much past the 286bhp mark?

From what I gather that would bring it to about 295 if youre lucky - Just going from other results ive seen on here though, so could easily be wrong. Its not getting 320 on a pre facelift with just those mods done though!

Personally I'd avoid any advert that refers to the 'Fast and the Furious' franchise of films. My money's on the seller being a chump from that ad.

S.

And anyone that says fully loaded. Sounds like Essex pikeys

Find someone that has a decent car and find out where they got it.

there are lists of where to go and what not to do.

Its all in the terminology.

:teeth:

Also not to put you off as it's your choice but I would be shocked to see a car of that age with that mileage on any main dealer forecourt. I worked for a number of dealer franchises and never saw a car on the sales pitch at 100k.

The advert is most definitely full of false claims, but could still be a reasonable car.

One thing for me when buying from a garage, if is taxed and has slight signs of use the likelihood is one of the salesman is thrashing it around as a demonstrator.

Personally I'd avoid any advert that refers to the 'Fast and the Furious' franchise of films. My money's on the seller being a chump from that ad.

S.

This x 1000000000

Gives you a clue about the seller, who is probably all talk and hasn't looked after the car at all

I'd stay clear

Thanks for all the responses. I've asked what work has been done and he says the clutch and timing belt and insists its absolutely immaculate :)

Doubt the timing belts been changed as these cars have a Timing chain not belt