120,000 miles too much?

Geordielad87

Thanks for all the responses. I've asked what work has been done and he says the clutch and timing belt and insists its absolutely immaculate :)

Doubt the timing belts been changed as these cars have a Timing chain not belt

Prob means the aux belts but may have changed the chain given the mileage

I just want a nice 350 that isn't gonna give me hassle :)

If you want a nice zed that's not going to give you hassle, why are you considering one with 120k????

Doesn't make sense. If you can't afford more than £5,500 then you can't afford a "nice zed that isn't going to give you hassle".

Apart from the sellers spelling, the car looks nice in the pictures. Puzzled as to why in the description it says "drive away now for £6250" then hes saying he wants £5500 in the title at the top. I can only assume he`s been unable to sell it at the higher price, and now is reducing it.

On paper it all sounds good. Okay, 120k miles, but apparently full main dealer service history incl recent big service. Also just 3 owners from new, so its not been a car people have had for a year then sold like a lot cars like this have.

Id check the history of the car and the paperwork and see whats been done on the car. Ideally see if you can speak to the previous owner.

Id also be wanting to see proof of this 320bhp. If its just had a remap, pendulum, air filters and exhaust changed you`d be lucky to push 300bhp. (They had 276 as standard). Because the seller is claiming a remap id hope he`s got some sort of proof of this, maybe a rolling road graph so you can see.

Personally condition & history would matter to me more than miles. But as someone else said you have to think about resale time. A lot of people are still paranoid about anything over 100k, when in reality, these days cars last a lot more miles than just 100k.

On the face of it, £5000 for a UK GT spec 350z with full history sounds like a good deal.

I just want a nice 350 that isn't gonna give me hassle :)

If you want a nice zed that's not going to give you hassle, why are you considering one with 120k????

Doesn't make sense. If you can't afford more than £5,500 then you can't afford a "nice zed that isn't going to give you hassle".

This is what I was getting act in my pm dude.....buy at the bottom end of the market and it's a gamble (and the odds are risky) what you'll get hold of......could be an amazingly cared for high miler that still goes pop just because something has come to the end of its natural life.

In saying that the zed engine is good for that sort of mileage .....but again like I said the other bits and pieces may not be!

Personally a bud I'd just save a bit longer and get some thing for 6500-7k

I hope my old girl doesn't go pop in Wales :surrender:

That's what I mean though Dave......your car is immaculate and over 100k yet we see cars blowing with less tha 50k on them because if how they have been looked after.

Problem is once you get to 120k on the clock is so difficult to know what kind of life it's had.....60k wrapped in cotton wool and 60k thrashed in Morries carpark.....you just don't know.

It was previously up for £6250 last month mate but he must if realised he was asking far too much. Thanks for all the advise I'm going to stay clear of it :) Im in no rush and still need my car for its big boot at moment until new site kicks off and I get van :) Tine to save some cash

I hope my old girl doesn't go pop in Wales :surrender:

That's what I mean though Dave......your car is immaculate and over 100k yet we see cars blowing with less tha 50k on them because if how they have been looked after.

Problem is once you get to 120k on the clock is so difficult to know what kind of life it's had.....60k wrapped in cotton wool and 60k thrashed in Morries carpark.....you just don't know.

True and obviously the risk goes up with age and mileage, I know I have been lucky and got a well looked after car, but as you say plenty have bought much newer low mileage Zeds and had a shocking time....

The only thing I would say is that when I bought mine over 2 years ago Zeds were not cheap enough to be abused unlike these days....

Has anyone ever done 60k in a Supermarket carpark.... that must have been a donut of biblical proportions :lol:

Tempting......I think that kind of car is definitely an experience that you have to do in your lifetime.

Totally different beast to a zed though.....unless its an sti its slower, as thirsty, 4wd vs rwd, uglier, cheap inside (even by comparison to a zed) ......would I have one at some point in my life....absolutely !!

If its an sti then deffo.....guessing it's wrx though.

It's just the wrx but it's the low miles that's really tempting me as its alot more appealing to my 118,000 when I have saved enough money to buy a decent Z ;) I've always wanted 1 like but I've found loads of them and don't know which is best haha There's a locket STI but it's on a 2001 with 90,000 miles but f/s/h or a 2005 with 74,000 and also f/s/h hmmm Going to test drive a few this week I think as the 1 I've been offered is 2 hours away

Sorry for alway being on the negative mate but I'd rather point it out than not.

40k is indeed tempting BUT just make sure 40k isn't the time when some sort of major job needs doing (are they cambelt or timing chain?).....make sure the turbo is in good order, brakes will be expensive so make sure they've got life in them....same with tyres.

I actually don't know that anything needs doing at 40k but that sort of mileage is sometimes where a could of the big service items come up on some cars (to be fair in this day and age its probably nearer 60.....I'm still listening to what my grandad told me at 17!)

Providing the Subaru is all in good order with good service history of being serviced every 12 months not just 10k of whatever the interval is with them, i'd give it a punt. As was said before, it's one of those cars you have to own at some point to experience. I haven't as yet owned one, but I would have a go when the time comes to get a new car and I can't find a decent Evo about.

The Impreza with it's low miles, cult following and hopefully good condition and service will definitely be easier to get rid of than your 118k Civic that you sam to be having trouble selling ATM.

Subaru`s are reasonably cheap to run. About 4 of my mates have them and all of them have done loads to their cars themselves. One has a 2000 model, which on the road with 300bhp and a few handling goodies, cost him a less than £2k all in. Very cheap fun.