DA Polisher

ioneabee

^BMW's have very hard paint generally but personally I'd not recommend a rotary polisher to anyone unless they'd had a lot of practise on test panels.

Generally speaking the rotary polisher is capable of a LOT of work in the right hands, and a LOT of damage in the wrong hands :lol:

I use a rotary a lot but mainly because I need to generate heat in panels to achieve the correction I'm after, but with the advent of the Meguiars MF system its possible to achieve a good level of correction without the heat and by DA polisher.

^BMW's have very hard paint generally but personally I'd not recommend a rotary polisher to anyone unless they'd had a lot of practise on test panels.

Generally speaking the rotary polisher is capable of a LOT of work in the right hands, and a LOT of damage in the wrong hands :lol:

I use a rotary a lot but mainly because I need to generate heat in panels to achieve the correction I'm after, but with the advent of the Meguiars MF system its possible to achieve a good level of correction without the heat and by DA polisher.

At last someone is singing from the same hyme sheet:):)

:yahoo:

With a bmw I'd be wanting to use a rotary personally.

erm ..... why ? :thumbs:

+1 :yuck:

Dont know whats with that face, but yes a rotary is faster on German paint. My full post also recommended a da with the megs microfibre 2 step system.

The face was for my dislike of the Rotary Machine. Not for your post.

Purely because l have seen 1st hand what could happen if your mind was not on the Job.

Having seen a pro burn a Ferrari! Had I wanted to insult you I would not have offered you a almost new one for sale.

kestral das6 with megs microfibre 2step correction. With a bmw I'd be wanting to use a rotary personally.

I have a silverline Rotary used twice with some pads for sale £50 pick up.

But to be honest you need to reserch as most people will tell you that what ever one you have theres is best.

By popular vote the best in the field used to be the proffesional ones that had a 110 transformer.

But now meguires have bought out the DA220 you cant go wrong.

Go onto this web site and they give you all the instruction videos and pdf beginners guide.

This is what i just got from them

http://www.monzacarcare.com/machine-pol ... ete-kit/0/

But you dont need it all,

I have done a few cars and have a load more to do.

The results can be seen in the gallery.

Dont go mad and buy the USA tins of prize winning wax though. they start off at £145 and go up to the japanese £2,200.

No thats not a miss print.

The fun part about owning a nice car is the amount of work you can do your self.

Monza are detailing experts and share our passion and love of cars.

I have only been dealing with them for a week and I have had so many freebies already my shelving is maxed out.

DA is the only way to go in my book but I am but one person. The results of my car show for them selves.

Ask Andrew (Clown) how i took out deep scratches in 15 mins from his boot using Chrome exhaust polish:)

I am no expert as leather is my field. But the 458 on my facebook page and the Aston martin belong to one of my customers.

Thenoname

B)

This is the post I sent but got no reply:)

The face was for my dislike of the Rotary Machine. Not for your post.

Purely because l have seen 1st hand what could happen if your mind was not on the Job.

Having seen a pro burn a Ferrari! Had I wanted to insult you I would not have offered you a almost new one for sale.

Ok? I already have a rotary. I find the da slow personally although for less corrective work a da is fine as its gentler.

Try a softer backing pad. Also the silver storm is abit industrial IMO.

ah, but I haven't got black :p:lol:

and white is sooooo yesterday ;)

Just when you thought I'd forgotten this... :teeth:

Of course, sorry, yours is, as the salesman said to me when I bought mine with the Black Rose sitting behind us, "brown" :lol:;) I'll take "sooooo yesterday" over 1970, thanks! :p:blush:

I'm not quite sure how it's happened (I am - he immediately started with the insults in my 'hello' thread!), but ioneabee and myself seem to be spending most of our time having pops at each other! Rest assured it's all good humoured! Well, I assume it is - he might be livid... After all, he has ended up with the wrong colour :D

As for the rotary on the harder German clearcoats, I'd heard that too... I'm taking it pretty lightly with the Silverline for now - it's probably not doing much to start with :blush: but that's far better than polishing pad-shaped bare metal spots! :lol:

If Black Rose is brown then you can actually polish a turd and make it look beautiful B):lol:

Na, you can't polish a turd.............................. but you can lacquer it. :p

Love ya realy you brown car owners. :lol:

(says the one with a silver car which is soooooo 90's)

• 1 month later...