DA Polisher

ioneabee

Looking for a DA Polisher - father-in-laws BMW has some nasty marks on it from cleaning off bird doodoo (he did it, not me) - so brilliant opportunity to get myself proper kitted up

looking to keep it under £100 + pads etc

any suggestions greatly received

Morning Andy

Can certainly help but I honestly dont think its possible to get a DA, pads and polish for under £100.

I'll look into it later today (as off to the Port Solent meet) and get some firm prices to you.

For your budget the Buff Daddy (Dodo machine) as Zugara has suggested will be the best machine, its just how many pads etc...

sorry - meant the machine for under £100 ;)

the consumables are what they are :headhurt:

Thats easy enough then :lol:

Consumables, well you'll ideally need a polishing pad and a buffing pad and er...some polish :p

I tend to favour the Meguiars pads https://www.envyvaleting.com/products.asp?page=4&cat=20 (the yellow and the black one) as they last a long time, good foam structure and stand repeated washing.

Personally I dont like the pads in the link below as they are very close to the size of the backing plate and makes it easier to catch the backing pad on the car. The Meguiars ones are recessed so this cant happen.

There you go Buff Daddy £94.95 free postage and free pads x 3. You'll need to check the specs and details first, click on the linky.

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/detail ... ee-pad-kit

Polish wise, a huge range to choose from but on a Zed soft and gentle is the way to go.

Meguiars Swirl X, Meguiars Ultimate compound are safe bets. If you need more "action" Meguiars 205 is good too.

You will get a good improvement in the paint just by using a pad and a pre-wax cleanser as although generally the product in itself is non-abrasive the action of the pad makes a BIG difference.

Anyhow I must go and get ready for the PS meet and will check back later :band:

Bonsoir, just back from home a loooooong days work

OK marks look pretty straight forward to me. Should come out with a polishing pad relatively easily IMHO.

If the rest of the car is lightly swirled too, I'd recommend getting hold of a bottle of Meguiars 205 and just going steady with it.

Best wishes

Tim

I've got the Silverline - highly recommended. I believe a number of other models out there are essentially the same, simply rebranded. Got mine from Toolstation so I could collect it in person: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power%2 ... 309/p84532

I picked up a polishing pad and a finishing pad while I was at it, although I'll probably switch to Meguiars versions sooner rather than later (nothing wrong with the Toolstation ones though). With them, I'm using Meguiars Ultimate Polish or Meguiars Ultimate Compound (interchangeable really - the Compound is for restoring brilliance to clouded paint, whereas the Polish is more specifically for swirls and scratches... I'd imagine they're broadly the same thing, with the Polish simply being more aggressive) on the polishing pad followed by Meguiars Carnauba Wax on the finishing pad.

As with the pads, the polish/wax I'm currently using are simply because I haven't bothered ordering better stuff online yet. Previous research seemed to point at Menzerna polishes followed by Meguiars #26 liquid wax.

Hope that's of some help!

I've got the Silverline - highly recommended. I believe a number of other models out there are essentially the same, simply rebranded. Got mine from Toolstation so I could collect it in person: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power%2 ... 309/p84532

I picked up a polishing pad and a finishing pad while I was at it, although I'll probably switch to Meguiars versions sooner rather than later (nothing wrong with the Toolstation ones though). With them, I'm using Meguiars Ultimate Polish or Meguiars Ultimate Compound (interchangeable really - the Compound is for restoring brilliance to clouded paint, whereas the Polish is more specifically for swirls and scratches... I'd imagine they're broadly the same thing, with the Polish simply being more aggressive) on the polishing pad followed by Meguiars Carnauba Wax on the finishing pad.

As with the pads, the polish/wax I'm currently using are simply because I haven't bothered ordering better stuff online yet. Previous research seemed to point at Menzerna polishes followed by Meguiars #26 liquid wax.

Hope that's of some help!

The polisher you have linked to is a rotary polisher :blush:

Ooops! :blush: It's still very good, though :thumbs:

only if you want to sand it down to get it back to a proper colour like mine :boxing::lol:

I guess if I had a scratch-attracting colour like, say, black, I'd need a DA polisher, but I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with better taste and then rewarded with a more easily maintained colour! :p

You started it! :lol:;)

only if you want to sand it down to get it back to a proper colour like mine :boxing::lol:

I guess if I had a scratch-attracting colour like, say, black, I'd need a DA polisher, but I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with better taste and then rewarded with a more easily maintained colour! :p

:lol::lol:

Well I've dithered around enough now about purchasing a da polisher so taken actio now.

Went to the Megs day at Daventry earlier in the year which was well worth the drive down but a paltry $10 off wasn't enough to justify spending $170.

Was doubtful what a machine costing half that would do but inspired by comments above mailed Tim at Envy & apparently a Buff Daddy & 2 megs pads arrived today.

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend, if it ever stops raining that is?

Thanks Tim, very prompt service.

kestral das6 with megs microfibre 2step correction. With a bmw I'd be wanting to use a rotary personally.

I have a silverline Rotary used twice with some pads for sale £50 pick up.

But to be honest you need to reserch as most people will tell you that what ever one you have theres is best.

By popular vote the best in the field used to be the proffesional ones that had a 110 transformer.

But now meguires have bought out the DA220 you cant go wrong.

Go onto this web site and they give you all the instruction videos and pdf beginners guide.

This is what i just got from them

http://www.monzacarcare.com/machine-pol ... ete-kit/0/

But you dont need it all,

I have done a few cars and have a load more to do.

The results can be seen in the gallery.

Dont go mad and buy the USA tins of prize winning wax though. they start off at £145 and go up to the japanese £2,200.

No thats not a miss print.

The fun part about owning a nice car is the amount of work you can do your self.

Monza are detailing experts and share our passion and love of cars.

I have only been dealing with them for a week and I have had so many freebies already my shelving is maxed out.

DA is the only way to go in my book but I am but one person. The results of my car show for them selves.

Ask Andrew (Clown) how i took out deep scratches in 15 mins from his boot using Chrome exhaust polish:)

I am no expert as leather is my field. But the 458 on my facebook page and the Aston martin belong to one of my customers.

Thenoname

B)

ah, but I haven't got black :p:lol:

and white is sooooo yesterday ;)