Hosepipe bad...watering can worse!

Simon+Kat

I guess this has been discussed before, but today, for the 1st time i cleaned the Z using a watering can....

Jeez, what a pain in the rear! had to do 1 section at a time cos thats all the watering can would rinse. So 5 watering cans full to rinse the full car, each can took around 4 mins to fill with the hose (in back garden so no neighbours can see!), so thats about 20 mins of constant hose action :scare: . Im sure i normally would only be using the hose for about 5 mins normally to rinse.

It probably took 3 times as long as normal and its not as clean as i really like either.

The logic of all this escapes me... :shrug:

Has anyone actually been fined the £1000 yet?

Im in Anglian Water region. Rained every day since the ban!!! But apparantly Anglian Water are selling from their supply to Essex Water, and Essex Water doesn't have a hosepipe ban!!!! What the Hell is that all about????

And yes I did the hosepipe/watering can test on day 1 of the ban, and yes you're right, 3X as long by bucket!!!!

And to make things worse I have a stream running through the bottom of my garden, normally a foot deep in summer, 2 feet deep in winter, at the moment it is running at 42inches deep :scare: If I drop a submergible pump in it to clean my car, apparently i'm stealing from Anglian water?

It left a cloud and landed in my garden, surely it's GODS, then mine?????? (Not sure if there is a God, so maybe God is in fact Anglian Water?)

:wacko:

Or you get a water butt and stick a pump in it? I've been getting over 100 litres a day when it's raining by diverting rainwater from my conservator roof :)

Blast, why didn't i think of that? :#1:

Of course the minute I do, it'll stop raining!

:lol:

So there's currently 153 flodd alerts with 37 severe flood warnings across the South of England; a man and his dog have died crossing a swollen ford; April saw record amounts of rainfall for over a century; May is set to be similar and Anglian Water are still telling me that I can't use my hosepipe to clean my car because there's a DROUGHT!!!

Where exactly is that then! :bangin:

I actually nearly didnt come back from a drunken falling in river excursion on Saturday night, scary how strong the torrent was. :scare:

Just to annoy the Anglian Water customers, look at this map of hosepipe bans in the region:

_59014380_uk_water_drought_464_2.gif

See that little bit in the middle? Should have moved to Cambridge :D

Ive no outside tap at my current house, so always use watering cans. Normally takes me 2 cans, maybe 3 to rinse the whole zed off incl the alloys. Guess it depends on what size can your using!

It is a pain though. I really need to get an outside tap fitted.

I guess this has been discussed before, but today, for the 1st time i cleaned the Z using a watering can....

Jeez, what a pain in the rear! had to do 1 section at a time cos thats all the watering can would rinse. So 5 watering cans full to rinse the full car, each can took around 4 mins to fill with the hose (in back garden so no neighbours can see!), so thats about 20 mins of constant hose action :scare: . Im sure i normally would only be using the hose for about 5 mins normally to rinse.

It probably took 3 times as long as normal and its not as clean as i really like either.

Have you checked out southern waters website as we dont have a hosepipe ban!

http://www.southernwater.co.uk/HomeAndL ... 510429=0_0

:yahoo: didnt see this bit of the website before!! The bit i looked at just said 'Southern Water----hosepipe ban' you've just made my day mate :thumbs:

I want to know if those who do have a ban can claim back some of their bill, they have paid for a service that the company has failed to provide, i wonder what the legal standing would be?

:yahoo: didnt see this bit of the website before!! The bit i looked at just said 'Southern Water----hosepipe ban' you've just made my day mate :thumbs:

I want to know if those who do have a ban can claim back some of their bill, they have paid for a service that the company has failed to provide, i wonder what the legal standing would be?

Cool! Nice to make someones day that early in the day :lol: