The Cotswolds

Jay

Hi guys and gals.

My fiancee Laura and I are thinking of heading down south for a wee week away at the end of May.. can anyone make any suggestions on what we should do / see while down there? Also if you can recommend anywhere nice to stay, hotels or even little cottages... please fire away.

Thank you for all your help / suggestions in advance.

Jason :)

We have just returned from Bourton on the Water. We stayed at the Manse Hotel slap bang in the middle of the village. Very picturesque and country living. £80 a night with breakfast. Rated 3 star but I'd give it a 4, very friendly good beer and cosy. Beer £3.40 pint Pinot G Rose £15 bottle. I recommend the Fillet Steak and Jayne had the Chicken Mushroom and Asparagus Pie which I had a nibble of and was very nice.

Youve got Chipping Norton, where Clarkson lives. More pubs, large village come town, good curry house and fish and chips. A few stores as well. Stay at the Crown, about £100 a night can't remember if that comes with breakfast. Very old hotel and best in winter for the log fire in the lounge or fire in the bar :thumbs:

We've driven through Broadway but never stayed, very nice there.

You've also got Chipping Camden, full of Cotswold Stone buildings. I recommend the Sunday roast at the pub directly opposite the pay and display carpark I'm sure. The way to tell is it has a long alleyway, pub entrance on the right but further down on the left there is outside seating. One of the best roasts I've ever had.

If you want to drive some good roads I'd suggest visiting a couple of these places in one day, that way you get to experience some of the country roads. Set your satnav to the destination you require, ignore it and take random roads left or right, you'll love it.

Either way you cant go wrong with any of the above.

If you give me a firm date you could stop by for a cuppa :thumbs: