What do we think on this 350z?

loulouj

£7k-£7.5k, not even in the same ballpark as that asking price, especially with no Rays on it.

DB

That's what I thought. He budged when i said no to £8.3 as his lowest which i still thought was pretty pricey. I kinda left it as i wasnt so keen on his email response but now im wondering if i could give him another push if he still has it?

7-7.5 would be ideal as thats about how much i can probably sell my current car for (207cc - hairdressers car lol)

Anyone got any tips on getting the price down?

I'm not very good at this stuff!

Just offer him what it's worth to you and let him do the thinking ... you can always increase the offer but you can't come down

If you're not confident that you're going to get the car at the price you want, then make sure you definately want that car / colour / spec.

When I bought mine a few months ago, I didn't manage to get all that much off, but I really wanted an Azure with the GT pack, so was prepared to pay.

If you really want the car, then start a a few hundred below the maximum you're prepared to pay. If you can't get the dealer down, then walk. Remember, he's not doing you a favour, he's trying to get as much cash from you as he can. Start at 7, move to 7.5 if you have to... then walk.

Easy to say, as I'm sure you really want a Zed, but there are plenty of good cars out there...

Good luck with the purchase! :thumbs:

Walk..... It's a buyers market and these sales people know that. If you want it, take a bundle of cash and wave it under his nose, bet he takes it and gives you your prize.

Me. I would wait until something nicer pops up, but you must be willing to travel to get the right car. :thumbs:

If its of any help I contacted Mark at Evo motors when I was looking at getting a Z and he was really helpful. He stocks a lot of Z's so let him know what your after in terms of spec and he will give you a shout when one comes in. If he wants to price drop he will let you know, that's what he did for me it's just that I had already bought a Z.

Agree with above though it is a buyers market. Good luck, you will find the right one eventually.

The price he is asking is probably close to what it owes him to make a profit. If he is shifting Zeds then he wont need to come down at the moment. Good advice to leave him with what spec. & price you are willing to pay as he may have the one you want in the near future.

thanks guys for all your help.

I have been looking for the perfect zed for a couple of months now and not getting very far. I either miss out on a good deal because they get snapped up so quick or possibly because my criteria is possibly a bit ambitious for the budget...

annoying as i wanted to try part ex my current car before the mot runs out but doesnt look like thats gonna happen so better get the mot booked.

Yeah I feel your pain on that. The Z's I saw were either not up to scratch or they were sold by the time I could go and see them.

I ended leaving home at 6:30am with my mate to drive and see 3 Z's, the last one I saw that day was the one I bought-Typical! I did knock him down on price though as the car needed some work (nothing serious just a blowing backbox and a rear wheel bearing which was on a mot advisory), but it was a great opportunity to get a Scorpion exhaust! B)

Keep your eyes peeled, its all worth the stress in the end :thumbs:

Yeah I feel your pain on that. The Z's I saw were either not up to scratch or they were sold by the time I could go and see them.

I ended leaving home at 6:30am with my mate to drive and see 3 Z's, the last one I saw that day was the one I bought-Typical! I did knock him down on price though as the car needed some work (nothing serious just a blowing backbox and a rear wheel bearing which was on a mot advisory), but it was a great opportunity to get a Scorpion exhaust! B)

Keep your eyes peeled, its all worth the stress in the end :thumbs:

Thanks!

Just so difficult working all week as you cant get to see them. Would really like to buy from a dealer if I can to take any worries away about getting a dodgy car on private and so i can part ex.

I am on the hunt constantly, checking auto trader and pistonheads. hopefully i will get one soon. MOT day is looming.

This ^^ :angry:

I am thinking that I should just take a week off work - and go on a red bull marathon to ensure that I see every sale advert as it goes up :p

This ^^ :angry:

I am thinking that I should just take a week off work - and go on a red bull marathon to ensure that I see every sale advert as it goes up :p

ha ha competition!

Not sure i can really afford to take any holiday but i know if i wait till the weekend it probably will have gone. grrr.

I dunno, I don't think the price is too bad. I bought mine for 8k (other GTs were goin for about 8.5k) in Feb, same spec, same colour and from a dealer but with 57k on the clock and the orange interior (not sure if that makes it better or worse, depends on your opinion I suppose). Mine also didn't have the Rays but some aftermarket multispoke 19s (which I prefer tbh *run and hides*). But it was because of the mods (also has carbon fibre roof, scorpion exhaust, K&N typhoon induction kit (I gave them a load of bullshit about proof of thrashing and after a stock example :lol: ) that I got a years free tax and an extra 300 for my old Leon with 160k on the clock and added fox holes.

All in all I don't think that I done too bad and I hope mine hasn't depreciated by a grand already :blush: . But at the end of the day pay what you think it is worth.

PS. Sorry for rambling on, but hopefully it has been helpful to help you in your search for that perfect car :#1:

PPS. It was the first one I looked at *run and hides again*

I dunno, I don't think the price is too bad. I bought mine for 8k (other GTs were goin for about 8.5k) in Feb, same spec, same colour and from a dealer but with 57k on the clock and the orange interior (not sure if that makes it better or worse, depends on your opinion I suppose). Mine also didn't have the Rays but some aftermarket multispoke 19s (which I prefer tbh *run and hides*). But it was because of the mods (also has carbon fibre roof, scorpion exhaust, K&N typhoon induction kit (I gave them a load of bullshit about proof of thrashing and after a stock example :lol: ) that I got a years free tax and an extra 300 for my old Leon with 160k on the clock and added fox holes.

All in all I don't think that I done too bad and I hope mine hasn't depreciated by a grand already :blush: . But at the end of the day pay what you think it is worth.

In my opinion £8k isnt too far off the mark. The pricing of zeds in general seems very weird. £8k for a 2004 car and yet ive seen 2007 313 coupe`s for £10k. So only a 2k drop in price over 3 years. And yet, for mine, it dropped £16 grand in 4 years and looks like its dropped another £2k over the last 12 months. Maybe the prices drop quickly until they get below £10k then seem to hold their value better.

As others have said its a buyers market - although that depends upon what you are trying to buy!. In your case the colour / year / spec of car you are looking for, id imagine theres a good selection out there to choose from. So, offer the dealer what you think its worth and if they wont play game then walk.

When I bought mine, I found dealers very very hard to negotiate with and none of them refused to drop a penny on the screen price. The only thing they would offer is 6 months road tax. They all seemed to be under the impression the car would sell quickly. Indeed, 2 out of the 3 I looked at were snapped up pretty quick!

Loulouj - Keep an eye on the Zeds for sale section here on the forum, there are a few cars on there at the moment within your budget.

Dannyp - (Apologies for the slight hijack), do you have any pics of your car? I'm interested to see what a carbon wrapped roof looks like on a GM Zed. :thumbs:

Compared to the end of last year prices have gone strong again due to demand. I was looking at another 350 and there were loads of good deals around last year, there now seems to be a lot less cars for sale and the prices are reflecting that.

Compared to the end of last year prices have gone strong again due to demand. I was looking at another 350 and there were loads of good deals around last year, there now seems to be a lot less cars for sale and the prices are reflecting that.

I noticed the exact same thing with 260 zeds. There were a good number on the market on all the standard sites a year ago and there are literally none left now.