A car

Rish

I think its the number of services in the time thats the concern.

However, mine would fall in the same boat. It gets a service every now and then, but Im not going to be paying a couple of hundred pounds for a service each year on a car that does around 1200 miles. Its not moved since last September, and its not doing the Wales trip this year, it will probably stand for 9 months of the year if not more. It will be warmed through, engine oil level checked and the consitency of it checked - tyres rotated, and brake fluid checked for level too.

If that knocks £500 or so off the value of the car when it comes to sell, then so be it, Ill more than cover that in saving service costs.

14000 miles here and only a p1 and p2. 7 years old and looks/drives like brand new.Just about to replace first set of potenzas for falkens.Won,t be selling this one so fast this time.

Given the service history (and the fact it only did 800 miles between the last and current MOT), the lady was told to get it serviced this year, allegedly. Seeing as this is the case, does it seem like a fair price? As per most things I've owned, I'll probably keep it a couple of years.

Mine's a 2006, reg'd Jan 1st, (but garaged until Feb 2007) and has just passed the 13k mark and has had just 2 services, the last one a P3 at 10k. I consider it to be a waste of money to have it serviced every year if like me you only do 2k a year...but then again I won't have the problem of selling mine on :lol:

Pete

10k miles in 6 years? No thanks.

Why do you see that as a problem?

Too many hidden niggles still waiting to come out. I'd take a punt at 3 years old, but not at 6.

Fair point. Didn't worry me though, mine was 6 years old with only 12k on it when I got it...was like a new car.