freemasonry / masons

WINKJ

hahah, the race for life thing is so true.

the black ball comment is pretty correct. my understanding of it is that any man can join so long as he is 'free and upright' old fashioned way of saying no criminal record and not a slave. the joining process is really easy, you just ask a mason. that mason then asked the group and the group vote. NO - ONE gets rejected. accepts men of all walks of life and religions and backgrounds.

there are even female only masons groups, called something like order of the eastern star.

hope that helps

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they were openly promoting it as a men only organisation, it would get slapped down by the PC brigade. But you can shout from the rooftops about women only organisations, and thats perfectly fine. :shrug::lol:

Dont even get me started on that. Quite how the PC brigade think its fine to single out minorities and have an exclusive club for them and its not sexist/racist I do not know, but apparently it is so long as you arent male or white :bangin:

I know a fair bit about it and have been asked to join but it isn't my bag. The secrecy thing does lead to a lot of suspicion and criticism but to be fair the Masons don't respond to the critics, despite there being nothing to hide. I respect that, and the fact they do good things for charities and local causes - they don't advertise that either ;)

Ultimately though, the whole tradition / rituals thing isn't my bag. I find a bit embarrassing TBH :thumbdown:

Im in the same boat... and I agree... :blush:

+1 I was recently approached and I went along to a recruitment evening. It was quite nice, like going back in time 120 years. But I just felt it was something your dad would do and I am not quite grown up enough just yet! :blush:

"Raceforlife.org

While the above is a very good cause, I see no logical reason to have it as women only. Surely they would raise even more if it were unisex. "

The thing is, I did Race for Life a few years ago and the original date was cancelled so my friend with whom I was going to be running/walking was away on holiday and I had to do it alone because my daughter was a fast X country runner and ran the whole way which was totally beyond my capabilities :blush: On the day, however, my husband stepped up to the mark and we went round together. He got a bit of flack from spectators but just told them that he was an honorary woman for the day and waved and smiled at them. I felt really proud of him :) and was sorry that he didn't get a medal at the end like me and my daughter.

My uncle was a mason and completely open about it and happy to tell you all about it - a bit too happy sometimes as it sounded incredibly boring and silly to me :shrug:

I have no problem whatsoever with all male organisations and I hate the so-called PC Brigade but it intrigues me that there appear to be at least one or two members of this board who seem not to welcome the presence of women on the forum. It will be interesting as time goes on to see if I am subtly or perhaps not so subtly made to feel unwelcome here I guess? I promise to slope off quietly if requested as I have freely admitted from day one that I know b*ggr all about the internal combustion engine and only wanted a Zed because it looks amazing and I can learn to be a better driver now I have a great car :blush:

i know im new to this forum, but i hope you are joking about not being welcome as a women.

that would be stupid and frankly quite dis-tasteful. this site is for those who love the zed, knowledge or not, mods or not, penis or not. :rant:

sorry rant over

Actually it isn't that easy to join, after being you have to respond to a panel of powers that be and if they don't like your answers (and this includes Religious views, although no religion is excluded) you'll be rejected. This is despite having all the other boxes ticked such as ideal profession and knowing half of the Lodge (term for the meeting venue) that you want to join.

Another thing, and this might be just me. Anything that is so hard to join without actually being any good at anything seems a bit weird to me :shrug:

i know im new to this forum, but i hope you are joking about not being welcome as a women.

that would be stupid and frankly quite dis-tasteful. this site is for those who love the zed, knowledge or not, mods or not, penis or not. :rant:

sorry rant over

So true Rich. This is a place for Zed enthusiasts, regardless of sex. There are plenty of females on the forum and I very much doubt they have any issues :shrug:

Ladies?

don't worry 2bears, the majority of people on here are pretty spot on. there are a few people who try to be all manly and in some cases this leads to sprinkle bashing. There are alot of ladies joining now, so your not in the minority. the female zed population seems to be growing fast. which is only a good thing. I think some people on here don't like the idea of it being seen as a ladies car.

i say the more ladies the better :thumbs:

im not sure itll ever be a ladies car. everyone ive ever spoken to suggests that its a drivers car! :teeth:

so are ladies not allowed drivers cars?

there are alot of "drivers" cars that are seen as girls cars. i class the zed in the same bracket as the Audi TT. its a ladies friendly car :thumbs:

Leeroy, let me explain if you're feeling a bit confuzzled. So far you have said that my posts are stupid and that I look like Kathy Bates in Misery. Are things becoming any clearer for you now? :bangin:

Thanks rtbiscuit, you've never been anything but nice and I'm glad that more women are driving Zeds. Great cars shouldn't be the preserve (oops back to the WI again :lol: ) of either sex.

MX-5 too. Tracy used to have one, and I thought it was a great car to drive. I did get accused of driving a "girls car" when I was out and about in it, but it was a bloody good drive.

There are quite a few women signing up to the site, which is good. I think for quite a long time car clubs have been considered to be mainly old blokes with moustaches standing round in wax jackets talking about their cars. Then it was the "boy racer" era when it was loads of young spotty teenage lads hanging around in car parks talking abou their stereos and suspension.

I think we have come a long way, and its great to see so many women owners/drivers joining up :). You'll be in good company if you attend a meet, Vik for one will certainly show you how to deal with any pests :thumbs::lol: And I think Nixy has threatened to slap more than one :lol:

I think we have come a long way, and its great to see so many women owners/drivers joining up :). You'll be in good company if you attend a meet, Vik for one will certainly show you how to deal with any pests :thumbs::lol: And I think Nixy has threatened to slap more than one :lol:

Think Nic has acutally dished out a few of her slaps at Wales. Fortunately none have come my way :blush: Certainly the women that do come along to meets and shows dont take any male chauvinistic crap thats for sure.

As the others have said we do welcome women here. There are a few members that think the car isnt suited to women, but then a few of them have been silenced when they've actually driven out with a few of them. My missus has shown a few men on here she can easily keep up with the lads when driving my Zed.

We also encourage male members to bring their partners along to meets and shows. We have quite a WAG following and I think they look forward to meeting up with the others as much as their petrolhead partners want to go and see new shiney bits on peoples cars.

Well I'm coming along to Harewood in June and hoping to meet some nice Zed owners and their partners and get some more info about the cars themselves. I may want to do a few minor mods but I would like to see other people's cars first to get an idea of what can be achieved :)

So far you have said that my posts are stupid and that I look like Kathy Bates in Misery.

twobears, I'm sorry if you have been offended by any comments I have made. This forum is full of banter and some of my posts seems to have been misconstrued as an insult, for which I apologise :surrender:

I do however note that you didn't object to being compared to a hot dominatrix ;)

Ok, apology accepted :D Naturally, I didn't object to being compared to the dominatrix 'cos that is my day job :lol::lol::lol:

:worthless:

Had a feeling that was coming. Please remember this is a family forum when posting pics :lol:

Actually, those pics should go in a different thread, this one is supposed to be about Freemasons :lol:

My old man used to be a mason, he'd always go off to 'Lodge' with a bloody bib! When I was a kid I had no idea what it was about, now I just find it kind of funny, he gave it all up as he didn't have the time and found all the learning to be too much :lol:

Not a freemason but I am a 'freeman' of the city of Chester. I think that means I can shoot welsh people on certain days but I haven't yet explored those benefits.

S.

:scare: Well your not starting with me. :lol:

don't worry - even it were still legal my aim is crap!

on the subject of Freemasons - there's one of their lodges close to me and the other day I used the car park to turn round and in the middle of it were two dead crows laid out. Perhaps they died of natural causes but it certainly seemed a bit odd...

sorry to hear you've been finding some people a bit harsh TwoBears, I'm sure they don't mean any malice. I must say everyone's been nice to me but I don't think they realised I was a female for some time (I didn't think that info was pertinent when I was seeking various 350z technical advice lol).

S.