Nurburgring Advice

Zedrush

Hi all

Am planning on going to nurburgring in my 350z with my mates this summer, gonna get everything organised, anyone got any advice of good BnB's to stay in or best way to get there. Also what times have you done it in in a 350z. Anyone wanna join more than welcome

Cheers :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, got a do it, got 350z why not go for it. You only live once and figured before my girlfriend pins me down to marriage Im gonna do it. Get a few practice runs on a track over here first then go and have a go on one of Europes most famous track. Should break up a sweat :boxing:

The best source of information is @

http://nurburgring.org.uk/

ALSO just for clarification, 100% we here are an Z ownersclub.

We have meets, discounts, information etc..we are not just an on-line forum as you have been told over there..

We are here to help everyone with a Zed, not dependant on whether you pay £35 (or are in the "in" crowd and only pay £25) but just cause you are here.

We will not modify links to other sites, ie, www.DELETED.com unlike over there were they have taken out the hyphen to point your link back to their own site again.

No one on here has issues with you being in both clubs. So please stay around. Even better tell us what you get for your money over there and what we do not provide and help us improve this place if we are missing anything.

Hey Zedrush, wilkommen

I'm thinking of going to the Ring over the summer with a group mates, am having my car prepped at the moment, when are you thinking of, we are aiming for the end of August. Also we are seeing if we can get in on a non public track day, to avoid the usual mismatch of bikes and ice crean vans.

:yahoo:

I’m think you also have to pay for ambulance, fire crews and helicopters if in the unlikely (and hope it never happens) event that something more serious then a prang against the armco.

Was planning a trip myself last year before I had a little but expensive accident.

The ring is classified as a toll road but your insurance company will find any number of ways out of it. Insurance is a necessity but I still hate them. When the cops hit me last year and were completely in the wrong my insurance would fit the case. The final conversation I had with them the bloke on the phone let slip that they have a long standing knock-for-knock agreement with the Garda’s. So to get out of it they gave me back my noclaims and paid for my repairs.

As a rule of thumb – you will have no insurance on the ring.

I know nothing about track insurance but it’s also a safe bet that no company will give you track insurance for the ring.

Also remember most breakdown company’s wont come get you on the ring.

Wish I could go. My brother has a stripped down Celica GT4 that he said as a 30th birthday gift I could trash round the ring.

On the ball tonight then, yup, hopefully my stage 1 will be ready then

;)

Just mate, im at the pub and already had a bottle of red!

I have a horrible feeling i wont get down to reading meet till about 830pm though, but will see how the day goes and if i can get out early.

Shall i start a new thread?

The best source of information is @

http://nurburgring.org.uk/

ALSO just for clarification, 100% we here are an Z ownersclub.

We have meets, discounts, information etc..we are not just an on-line forum as you have been told over there..

We are here to help everyone with a Zed, not dependant on whether you pay £35 (or are in the "in" crowd and only pay £25) but just cause you are here.

We will not modify links to other sites, ie, www.DELETED.com unlike over there were they have taken out the hyphen to point your link back to their own site again.

No one on here has issues with you being in both clubs. So please stay around. Even better tell us what you get for your money over there and what we do not provide and help us improve this place if we are missing anything.

No disrespect mate, but I really don't wanna get involved in telling each club how each are run, don't wanna be piggy in the middle. :dry:

I will say that the people over there seem friendly enough and hope you guys dont mind that Im a member there as well.

At the end of the day, I just love my 350z, dont know too much about them and want to meet like minded people so that I can get the best out of my car and the society. :D:)

Hope thats a good enough answer :teeth:

DONT PUSH IT or you wont make it back home in 1 piece with your car. This track cannot be compared to others, tons of blind turns and it keeps going and going. Also the height differences can seriously upset the suspension and the traction in some corners. I know there is 1 corner there (dont know all the names by heart, could look it up) where if you push it a bit and you let go of the accelerator only a little in a RWD car you will find yourself facing the wrong side of the road because of the road going up / down in that corner.

Also if it is your first time dont go in a weekend, or certainly dont go in a holiday weekend (like easter or sth) because, and i am sorry to say this and dont get offended here, the ring at that time is infested with Brits that seem to have lost a few nuts 'n' bolts in their head on the way there :headhurt:

And something very important. If you can (and you should) take someone with you who knows the track very well to be your co-pilot to guide you over the track. This will allow you to have a bit of fun without having to do 30 laps on your own first wondering where the lines and the braking zones are.

About accidents, indeed that could be costly. I saw an Englishman last year who crashed his porsche into the armco, thought he it was "ok" and continued his lap. What he didnt realise was that he had an oil leak on this car. He spilled oil for over 2km before his car completely broke down, in the mean time taking down quite some motorcyclists who slipped on the oil. You can imagine this being a public road and the police coming at each accident (and therefore it being his responsibility) that he will be presented with a nice bill (ring closed for an hour, cleaning up of oil over 2km, armco repairs, probably some fine for continuing driving after crashing his car, damage to motorcycles, and the damage to his car ....).

DONT PUSH IT or you wont make it back home in 1 piece with your car. This track cannot be compared to others, tons of blind turns and it keeps going and going. Also the height differences can seriously upset the suspension and the traction in some corners. I know there is 1 corner there (dont know all the names by heart, could look it up) where if you push it a bit and you let go of the accelerator only a little in a RWD car you will find yourself facing the wrong side of the road because of the road going up / down in that corner.

Also if it is your first time dont go in a weekend, or certainly dont go in a holiday weekend (like easter or sth) because, and i am sorry to say this and dont get offended here, the ring at that time is infested with Brits that seem to have lost a few nuts 'n' bolts in their head on the way there :headhurt:

And something very important. If you can (and you should) take someone with you who knows the track very well to be your co-pilot to guide you over the track. This will allow you to have a bit of fun without having to do 30 laps on your own first wondering where the lines and the braking zones are.

About accidents, indeed that could be costly. I saw an Englishman last year who crashed his porsche into the armco, thought he it was "ok" and continued his lap. What he didnt realise was that he had an oil leak on this car. He spilled oil for over 2km before his car completely broke down, in the mean time taking down quite some motorcyclists who slipped on the oil. You can imagine this being a public road and the police coming at each accident (and therefore it being his responsibility) that he will be presented with a nice bill (ring closed for an hour, cleaning up of oil over 2km, armco repairs, probably some fine for continuing driving after crashing his car, damage to motorcycles, and the damage to his car ....).

Very very sound advice there dude, points that i will remember if i ever get to the ring this year or any year

Read this page first. Then read it again.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html

Then read this one.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/warning.html

I really do want to go but the smallest accident could cost you big time.

The best thing to do is drive it in your Z like you would at home and enjoy it. Then drive it in a car that is virtually worthless.