My old car for sale

Sarnie

Taken from the original post all those years ago... :)

To be fair a cars just a car. I would park the G everywhere, Tamworth Snowdome:

Ski004.jpg

I used to do multistoreys, busy streets etc. I even parked it half a mile from Anfield amoungst dozens of other cars on those terraced streets whilst i went to the game.

Never any problems. Paid too much money for it to not use it every day. :)

That's a good price too :thumbs:

I like the Gallardo, sweet car, not too obtrusive and c0cky, sounds great BUT drives like a whale.

I've love lamborghinis from childhood days such as the countach and Diablo. I drove one at a track and hated it, I was so let down and disappointed. The next car I drove was a fezza 360, and I hate pretty much all ferrari's so I wasn't expecting much. Loved it, great drivers car but pig ugly. The new breed fezza such as the California I think look amazing.

It's funny because I always loved the countach but they said it was a pig to drive.

Don't get me wrong I still like the Gallardo because of its pressence but still remember that driving day and it was like a nightmare in the dream car world.

Funny thing is I'd still buy one

That interior isnt as special as the outside. Once you turn on the engine you probably dont care though.

According to the add it has 278 torque doesnt say nm or lbft but isnt that quite low? Do you have to rev it slightly to get it going?

I like the Gallardo, sweet car, not too obtrusive and c0cky, sounds great BUT drives like a whale.

I've love lamborghinis from childhood days such as the countach and Diablo. I drove one at a track and hated it, I was so let down and disappointed. The next car I drove was a fezza 360, and I hate pretty much all ferrari's so I wasn't expecting much. Loved it, great drivers car but pig ugly. The new breed fezza such as the California I think look amazing.

It's funny because I always loved the countach but they said it was a pig to drive.

Don't get me wrong I still like the Gallardo because of its pressence but still remember that driving day and it was like a nightmare in the dream car world.

To be fair I'd say it drove anything like a whale. I really wouldn't let a driving experience day influence your view of any car, as the real world ownership experience is light years away.

If your dream cars are the V12 Lambo's then the Gallardo may actually dissappoint you, as it was designed to be the baby Lambo. However Audi's input into the car helped to produce a relatively reliable car that could be used every day.

That interior isnt as special as the outside. Once you turn on the engine you probably dont care though.

According to the add it has 278 torque doesnt say nm or lbft but isnt that quite low? Do you have to rev it slightly to get it going?

Your right, the interior isn't amazing, this car had the alcantara interior (seats, dash and door cards) which was miles better than the cheap shiny leather that most cars of this age have.

All the switch gear and ICE is 100% Audi. I drove my dads TTRS the other day and the Sat Nav and ICE system is the exact same car that was in my car. Given that my car was an 04 then Audi have been peddling the same ICE system in all of their cars for almost ten years!! :wacko:

No idea about the torque as that figure seems low.

Says it was always garaged? I thought it didnt fit in your garage ;):lol:

Maybe you should buy it again as an investment :stir:

Annoyingly, I have a provisional 'Green light' from the Mrs to buy another, with a small caveat that I have to buy us a bigger house first :dry:

With regards to the investment point, thats not entirely a bad idea. The person I sold this to offered it back to me for £63k 12 months after I'd sold it to him for £85k, although this was smack bang at the start of the credit crunch when the world was going into meltdown. Thats three years of Lambo ownership without losing a penny for the current owner :)

Well you do need a bigger garage this time ;)

Yep, the current one was barely wide enough to get a mini in! So much so that it's now been converted into a dining room!

For some reason though, I've got a hankering for a 355 GTS, but I fear that they are too old and fragile for me as someone who is a complete mechanical noob!

For me first impressions count and okay it was 8 laps round a track, but just felt it was missing something. It looks wicked and I quite liked the interior. But just found it was more poser than drivers car. Which like you said baby lambo which is true and to be fair Audi made a great car to allow those who couldn't afford the Mercialago a lambo for less money.

I should really get a drive in a Mercialago just to see if there's any difference which there should be.

I wonder how different the Vantage is to the DB9? (oddly I hate the Db9 but love the Vantage) :lol:

The Gallardo is still one of my favourite cars, but i also did an experience day last year and i came to the exact same conclusion about it. You didnt go to the Prestwold Driving Center near Leicester, did you? I drove a GTR first and then the Gallardo, and the difference was night and day in favour of the GTR.

The Gallardo is still one of my favourite cars, but i also did an experience day last year and i came to the exact same conclusion about it. You didnt go to the Prestwold Driving Center near Leicester, did you? I drove a GTR first and then the Gallardo, and the difference was night and day in favour of the GTR.

No I went to one up the M6 - can't think what it's called now.

I'm with you on Fav cars, Lambo will always be THE best supercar brand in the world, well, apart from the Koeniggseg :lol:

I couldn't wait to get in the Lambo, it was like losing my Lambo virginity, only to find the clutch was a ballache and the feel of driving the car, for me just didn't sit right with the name. Maybe that was Audi making it too sensible. But surprisingly the Fez 360 drove amazingly, thought I was in a F1 car. But then got out of it and threw up :lol:

Can't wait to drive a GTR - but then again, I don't like the central dash area. It's like somebody at the gaming arcade was employed to design and finish it. Had somebody with a bit of creativity been involved I'm sure it would look the nuts.

Was it through treatme.net? I got a driving experience through eBay with them which is at Stafford. I paid about £100 to drive a 360, db9, impreza, evo and a clio on a wet track for hand brake turns. I also got photos of me driving them all and then one printed off ad a part of the package. They also put me in a gallardo first of all by mistake, so I definitely got my money's worth.

Just a shame it was all in 3rd and 4th gear, there was no drive out of the corners.

Was it through treatme.net? I got a driving experience through eBay with them which is at Stafford. I paid about £100 to drive a 360, db9, impreza, evo and a clio on a wet track for hand brake turns. I also got photos of me driving them all and then one printed off ad a part of the package. They also put me in a gallardo first of all by mistake, so I definitely got my money's worth.

Just a shame it was all in 3rd and 4th gear, there was no drive out of the corners.

That's the one - Stafford treatment.net

Again the Evo Scooby thing changed my opinions. Always like the scooby but preferred the Evo on the day.

I paid for the in car video, which wasn't that great.