THE BEST LETTER YOU COULD COME HOME TOO.....

AMT

Ok, So my car failed its MOT due to wear n' tear ball joint, fracture this n that... still cost me cash to fix it n pass, which digs into my savings to pay my current car off so I can trade the full thing in for a Zed. Rather not put more finance on finance if you know what a mean. so.... what came in today....

"I am pleased to tell you that you are due a repayment of incometax for the year shown above...... A cheque below is attached for the sum of ... £644.97"... BOOYA! :yahoo: Not quite enough to pay it off (£800 more needed, which shouldn't be an issue over a month) but every big bit helps!

I had 2 nice big payouts of owed money, 1st one payed off my America Road trip and the second paid for some Rota's and some left over :yahoo:

Always a Brucey bonus when you have that waiting for you on your door step AMT :thumbs:

Feels a bit short lived though.. cos im gonna use it to pay part of ma car off..so its not like anything exciting will come of it...lol But hey...all on the way to buying... a vauxhall astra vxr!!! ... aye right... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. B) (God i hope nothing else goes wrong with ma bloody carlol spent too much on it already :lol: )

Two cheques!!? You must've got mine by mistake Dave :lol::wacko:

Just had two cheques myself for roughly the same amount :thumbs::yahoo: So i was one of those 6 million that had paid too much tax! :lol:

One of those was for over paid tax from 2008! :wacko:

Just recieved a letter in today from years 07-09... wth the same sort of figure on each, but different... i thought...HANG ON! :yahoo: But no.... turns out its just showing you how it built up each year... so no 3 x £650... :dry: lol On the plus side i've just realised while ive put money in my bank to pay off the current car, ive got 2 payments (one just been) coming out via ddeb, so not as much as i thought to put by... and i get paid... on the 15th. Which means.... in the next 2-3 weeks i should be able to pay my current car off. :thumbs: ... the following month i get a big bonus in my wage. what does this all add up to I hear you say??.... well unless my car breaks down...(touch wood)... the hunt for a Zed begins..... in ... 5 WEEKS!

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Not quite the same but in 2007 I moved to Paris to work and had my salary converted into Euros (when the pound was strong) - when I moved back in 2009 and the pound was weak and it was converted back it worked out I got myself a 20% pay rise :yahoo: just by moving country.

Have had a few of these pay outs over the years too - wonderful feeling!

I had one a few months back and so did most of the "group" I work in.... Turns out the way private medical cover was taxed for FTE's changed so we had been paying double tax on it for a couple of years.