Are Roadster drivers snobs????

Builder49

Now I know you guys on here are a really friendly bunch, so please don't take offence anybody..

Driving through my home town yesterday, on a small town road, I approached a woman driving a 54 plate roadster, grey or silver in colour. Today on another road in town I approached a guy driving a 60 plate roadster in blue. (Only a small market town, so was surprised to see any other Zed's to be honest). On both occasions I flashed my lights once and waved... and on both occasions I was totally blanked !

Are coupe drivers deemed the poor relative to roadster drivers? Or have I got one of the new invisible coupes? :lol:

Paul.

Me a snob? - never.........

Well if you are ..... you're the friendliest and most accommodating snob I've ever met

B)

In fact I would say he is the total opposite - what with all the free rides he gives :lol:

I have a feeling that, proportionately, fewer roadster owners are going to be car enthusiasts as a large number of people buy them because they look nice and have the option of having the roof down. With not all that many options available if you want a convertible nice looking car in a reasonable price range, the 350z seems like a good buy.

I'm not a snob and I would wave at anyone who waved at me but I am not brave enough to wave first :blush: I think I will be once I've had my Zed a little longer. I saw two Zeds when I was out for my drive today, both in East Yorks on road towards Driffield (blade silver coupe, I think, and azure coupe). One was behind me so I smiled but I don't suppose they saw me. I wonder if it was anyone on here? It would be nice to meet another Zed owner sometime.

I'm not a snob and I would wave at anyone who waved at me but I am not brave enough to wave first :blush: I think I will be once I've had my Zed a little longer. I saw two Zeds when I was out for my drive today, both in East Yorks on road towards Driffield (blade silver coupe, I think, and azure coupe). One was behind me so I smiled but I don't suppose they saw me. I wonder if it was anyone on here? It would be nice to meet another Zed owner sometime.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

We don't bite...... :lol:

Get yourself to Wales in May and you can meet loads of us :)

Ha ha, nothing wrong with you at all :console: I love Wales but I can only afford to stay in the hotel that I like once a year !

£52 a night B & B for two, with the best company you could want - drives along some of Wales finest roads (ZED tested of course :drive1 ) and a free BBQ on the Saturday - what are you waiting for :D But be quick - just 6 rooms left now. ;)

On the snob note... I did think it unlikely that the 2 roadsters in my original statement were members on here. You lot seem a mightly fine bunch, and certainly don't think that anyone has come across as snobby or superior or looked down on us new guys..

Just figured that Roadster owners might in general think they are better than coupe owners?

Pro's and con's in both types I guess ????

:)

I have a feeling that, proportionately, fewer roadster owners are going to be car enthusiasts as a large number of people buy them because they look nice and have the option of having the roof down. With not all that many options available if you want a convertible nice looking car in a reasonable price range, the 350z seems like a good buy.

We have a winner :#1:

Pete

I did think it unlikely that the 2 roadsters in my original statement were members on here.

About 1,800 Roadsters in the U.K, 150 at the most are members here. In the 18 months I've been on this board I have seen just 2 members cars, outside of meets of course, and maybe 50 or so other Zeds so the chances of spotting a another forum car are slim. Doesn't stop me from waving or flashing though. Don't know when this tradition started, but I can remember AA patrol motorbikes waving at you if you had an AA badge on the front when I was a kid in the 60's :lol:

Pete

Well I'll just give 1 discrete flash of the lights and a polite wave to any other Zed, if they can't be bothered to respond then I'm not about to chase after them and complain :lol:

Would be nice to catch up with other members at some point, just to get some tips or to look at what they've done to their cars :D:D

It basically comes down to the fact that they are now at a more attainable price range perhaps to when 350's were new, so there are lots of people driving them now, who have no idea about the history, the lineage, or club or the marque. Probably goes for some 370 owners too, which brand new ones. They're just driving a car that goes well. They're the sort you go up to talk to and say oh, is this your Zed, and they look at you blankly. So don't worry too much, just wave at each one you see, and eventually they may get it. ;)

Often get waves from other performance car owners, especially European ones, so some people understand.