High vs Low Octane... Paranoid?

slimjim

Tried Google? :lol:

I think we are all in agreement that you should just leave the 95RON as it is and just take it easy until the tank is gone if you want to be 100% sure of doing no damage. Chances are you wont do any anyway, but that risk is up to you.

Yup.. .tried google... nadda ... nothing...

Starting to think there is a different name for it or something?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that gives you the right to disturb the totally irrelevant and completely pointless tangent at which we have all gone?

That was what I was talking about, and Im sorry for wasting your precious time with my completely pointless comment.

I also apologise in advance for showing the OP can get Toluene here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/toluene-DIY-Too ... ene&page=1 and at most model shops. I still wouldnt use it myself though.

Jesus.... that looks like paint stripper!

OK peeps... looks like I will have to drive like a granny for 400 miles :(

I really appreciate all your help and input.... and glad we all calm down and get along... eventually :lol:

Jesus.... that looks like paint stripper!

OK peeps... looks like I will have to drive like a granny for 400 miles :(

I really appreciate all your help and input.... and glad we all calm down and get along... eventually :lol:

eBay. I bought some a few months back to think paint. Its 99% pure too. Il get the link when im on a pc. You can only get 1 ltr at a time though. But I've read you only need very little toulene.

Somehow the thought of pouring dodgy liquids bought off ebay into the car following suggestions from interet forums doesn't quite make sense for me. If I were that concerned I would just call Nissan - and most likely they'll say just drive it and put super unleaded in next time.

Toulene is a well known octane booster.

Not everything bought on eBay is dodgy.

Nissan dont know or care. If your car blows up you will need parts from them.

Somehow the thought of pouring dodgy liquids bought off ebay into the car following suggestions from interet forums doesn't quite make sense for me. If I were that concerned I would just call Nissan - and most likely they'll say just drive it and put super unleaded in next time.

Cant believe this one is still going, maybe the sensible option with fuel is, if in doubt play it safe, whats paying a few more pence a liter, compared to the risk of an engine rebuild, a no brainier in my books.

If your 350Z is a daily driver, sure it will cost you more, but hay if you can afford to run a 350Z as a daily ;)

Cant believe this one is still going, maybe the sensible option with fuel is, if in doubt play it safe, whats paying a few more pence a liter, compared to the risk of an engine rebuild, a no brainier in my books.

If your 350Z is a daily driver, sure it will cost you more, but hay if you can afford to run a 350Z as a daily ;)

The OP was saying he always fills with super but during the shortages he couldnt get super.

The OP was saying he always fills with super but during the shortages he couldnt get super.

Cheers DBlock...

Yes, I drove to three stations. 2 shells and Tesco. ALL empty of ALL fuel. 95, 99 AND diesel!

Eventually ended up at a Shell, running on fumes, who had nothing but 95. So I HAD to fill it up.

Looking back, I should probably only have put a 1/4 of a tank in... but I THOUGHT I had a huge drive ahead of me... then immediatly after, my boss called to say the meeting was off. :rant:

Just go for a few big drives, you could have emptied it by now :p:lol:

yeah... keeping it under 4k ... LOADS of fun.... :yawn:

Plus... Seen the freakin' weather at mine this morning?!?!!

Leave it running non-stop for the next few days, that'll thaw it out :lol:

I can have plenty of fun in the Zed under 4kRPM too, you dont have to drive it like you stole it to have fun in it ;)

Just go for a few big drives, you could have emptied it by now :p:lol:

yeah... keeping it under 4k ... LOADS of fun.... :yawn:

Plus... Seen the freakin' weather at mine this morning?!?!!

Leave it running non-stop for the next few days, that'll thaw it out :lol:

I can have plenty of fun in the Zed under 4kRPM too, you dont have to drive it like you stole it to have fun in it ;)

he he .... no need to thaw her out. She is all tucked up in the garage out of the weather.

But I take your point on the 'No need to rag it' comment. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...