Amuse Kit - Further Update

SteveW

Well eventually the Amuse kit has been dropped off at the body shop for prepping.

Next week the car goes in for the kit to be sprayed and fitted, hoping all goes well and I get good results...And my wallet isn't raped too much!

Will post up pics once it's all done....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol: heading sounds like it was put on an fell off :blush: should look good when done :thumbs:

Just what i thought! I had visions of the OP driving along and the bodykit falling off!!!! Was thinking there could be some interesting pictures in this thread! :lol:

+1 :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted!!!!

Just been called by the body shop to say the kit doesn't fit so I'll be going to collect my standard car tomorrow.....

Now just hoping I don't get charged loads for the work they have done.

was it a copy then and did they say why it never fitted then

Absolutely gutted!!!!

Surely that should have been "Absolutely not amused"! :blush:

I'm sorry to hear they had problems, do they think it is just a bad kit? Hopefully my shine amuse front bumper will be a better fit...

TBH ive had loads of kits from Japan and very few were bolt ons except Do-Luck. Amuse is now ran by the original owners daughter as he passed away a couple of years back. They are a very good company though and she does speak a little english so you can try contacting them direct if your sure you have an original kit.

TRD, Nismo, chargespeed etc the original stuff is generally a perfect bolt on. and to be honest, genuine stuff from other manufacturers need very little adjustment.

its usually copy kits that don't fit properly or require major adjustment to fit. biggest lesson i learnt was buy original stuff only. it might cost more on the outlay, but generally needs hardly anything spent other than just paint.

Sadly the body shop said the bumper would need to be completely reshaped to fit. Involving cutting a relaying new fibreglass.

However there was another issue with the parts as a whole. When they put them in the oven to cure the primer at a low temp, because they were fibreglass, the air in the material swelled and burst through the surface wrecking the primer so it couldn't be painted. They tried reprepping the parts a couple of times but the same thing happened.

This wasn't at the right temperature to bake the paint, they said they baked it at about half the normal temperature.

The parts are from Shine Auto just gutted now. Really wanted these to fit as loved the look of the Amuse kit for years.

My chargespeed needed a number of small adjustments.

Yet my V2 copy from Ric fitted with NO alterations what so ever.

That's £900 vs £300 :bang:

LOL really? So where does this whole fake stuff costs a million pounds to fit and chargespeed fits like a glove myth come from? Its not on really considering its costs nearly 1k for a bumper :headhurt:

@Dblock

The actual bumper didn't require any re-shaping, the boot lock wouldn't fit and the fixing points to the rear quarters under the wheel arch needed adjustment to line the bolt holes up. So in terms of cosmetic fitment it was fine, but actual attachment wasn't.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure there's been a lot of headaches with copy kits, which if you choose a copy has a higher hit rate of not fitting.

It's expected that aftermarket bodykits such as Chargespeed should fit first time. That isn't the case and when Taras ordered the side skirts, they also would fit out the box. Funny batch?

Always needs adjustment? Who knows? The problem is Chargespeed is fairly rare in the UK and feedback is very low, but copies are everywhere in the UK and because there's more of those kits it's likely the report of bad fitment is spoken of more often?

It's expected that aftermarket bodykits such as Chargespeed should fit first time. That isn't the case and when Taras ordered the side skirts, they also would fit out the box. Funny batch?

Always needs adjustment? Who knows? The problem is Chargespeed is fairly rare in the UK and feedback is very low, but copies are everywhere in the UK and because there's more of those kits it's likely the report of bad fitment is spoken of more often?

Just for reference, my genuine ChargeSpeed side skirts and rear spats were a perfect fit out the box

Just for reference, my genuine ChargeSpeed side skirts and rear spats were a perfect fit out the box

Bizarre, I wonder if it's because Taras's car was HR? I know the chassis didn't change, but just maybe there were some slight alterations?

Bizarre, I wonder if it's because Taras's car was HR? I know the chassis didn't change, but just maybe there were some slight alterations?

ChargeSpeed do the Bottom Line kit in two versions, pre and post facelift, so perhaps there is a difference, albeit a minor one.