How to tell if you have a HFC fitted or not???

The Bounty Bar Kid

How do I tell if I have a HFC fitted or not??? Without having the emissions tested. Is there anyway I can tell? Is it much much louder than normal??? Booked my car into Abbey for Thursday to get one fitted and it suddenly hit me whilst browsing the dyno thread. Some cars are running similiar power with HFCs fitted, so maybe I'm lucky or maybe I have one fitted already and wasn't told about it when I bought the car.

Please please help me. Don't wanna have to make the trip to Abbey to find out I don't need to and don't wanna mess them about either. Thanx in advance.

Need to remember to pick it up at some point.

should be one in the boot ;)

but you can slip your arm under and take a photo.

basically if it has tin metal shrouds round it, then they're stock. if you can see the body then its AM

There are 2 cats, ahead (forwards) of the Y pipe (it will be obvious what that is).

In very general terms if you OEM cats they look like a couple of tin small silencers. If they are shiny stainless steel things but still look like mini-silencers they are quite likely to be HFCs. If they are de-cats they will just look like pipes.

Abbey are very easy people to deal with so no worries with them.

And another thing ... if you don't have a jack with you - very carefully drive one side of the car onto a higher surface - I hesitate to mention a kerb... but similar. That should give you enough room to get a photo.