Stillen gains on their own - dyno'd??

rogerxp

Sorry chaps, I'm sure this must have been discussed before, but a search for 'stillen' as you can imagine turned up many pages of results.

Have anyone dyno'd their 370Z stock and then with just the Stillen exhaust on?? What actual bhp gains were there?? Stillen are claiming around 18bhp increase but how accurate is this??

I'm no expert here but when I mentioned the figures to someone with much more experience than me they were surprised by the size of the gain purely from changing the exhaust.

Anyone got any real-world evidence??

I thought the 370 had 331 (but I don't know nothin) as published figures ?

That's the PS figure - and Nissan say 325bhp + or - depending on exact models, buy that is at the flywheel.

On the basis mine now has 310.3 bhp at the hubs, that approximately equates to around 340bhp (+ or -) at the flywheel. Mark (Abbey) does remind us that there are variables for individual cars, hence the "+ or -".

But they are just numbers. The real 'gain' is on the road and I can assure you the combination of the exhaust and uprev has made the car hugely satisfying and has been money well spent, in my book. :thumbs:

quick question then - sorry op, slight hi-jack - I'm thinking of the Berks system, but due to cost am considering the HFC only -thoughts on that ? (to be honest, there's more power there than i can handle anyway and more interested in the soundtrack)

Sorry, wrong section, what an idoit - MODS...

Done :thumbs:

Thanks. You're much quicker than Chris who I'd PM'd :lol:

To be fair I'm in training today so no time to doss on t'internet - and we're in the basement so no reception :thumbdown:

I also cant comment on the exhaust alone as I fitted mine with the G3 intakes too. Seemed to give about the same power as Colin, although I am on an auto box, so should be a smidge more at the fly :#1:

I thought the 370 had 331 (but I don't know nothin) as published figures ?

That's the PS figure - and Nissan say 325bhp + or - depending on exact models, buy that is at the flywheel.

On the basis mine now has 310.3 bhp at the hubs, that approximately equates to around 340bhp (+ or -) at the flywheel. Mark (Abbey) Fdoes remind us that there are variables for individual cars, hence the "+ or -".

But they are just numbers. The real 'gain' is on the road and I can assure you the combination of the exhaust and uprev has made the car hugely satisfying and has been money well spent, in my book. :thumbs:

Looks like I'm following your example again Colin. Booked in for my uprev at Abbey a week Saturday