My Brothers Porker !!

Carlin

My bro had to take his car in for a service on monday and I had forgot how smooth the car is .Its a Cayman S in black .

The car just feels like it has a bit of class !! I still love the zed and for the money more than happy with it .

Also the looks on the cayman is not my bag but the drive is .

Speed wise how much do you think there is between them ??

:D:D:D

Its a 09 plate so not sure what means ??Dont know my porkers that well.

So how much you talking between them as he keep saying he wants a race off the lights but never took him up as think he will smoke me !!!!

I could always hope he misses a gear or TWO !!!!!!!! HA HA HA

Its a 09 plate so not sure what means ??Dont know my porkers that well.

So how much you talking between them as he keep saying he wants a race off the lights but never took him up as think he will smoke me !!!!

I could always hope he misses a gear or TWO !!!!!!!! HA HA HA

Nope he will smoke you. Even if he was in a 2.9 he will most likely smoke you too. Nice cars. Straight line I dont know but on a track or on b road the cayman will be gone most likely.

Im not condoning racing BTW. :thumbs:

Im more off a drag race man anyway and he drives like a girl !!

Coundnt find the 0-60 for his cayman s .

hes a older brother as well so keeps going on about it !!!!!!

Its faster. 5.2seconds. Plus better traction and its lighter. Drag or track its faster.

I've left a 3.4 cayman S, up a long hill both pinned from about 40mph - . . .

Mines the hr model with 327bhp but even a standard pre 06 model Zed would be close.

you sure he was trying? right gear? Full throttle? at 40 he would need to be in 2nd thanks to the super long gearing.

Pretty sure he was, he was really trying to push on overtaking like a bell end so I left him to it afterwards. He has less bhp than me so why is that so surprising? I know its slightly lighter but overall bhp/tonne is similar. Wouldn't say I left him but I did pull away cleanly.

Pretty sure he was, he was really trying to push on overtaking like a bell end so I left him to it afterwards. He has less bhp than me so why is that so surprising? I know its slightly lighter but overall bhp/tonne is similar. Wouldn't say I left him but I did pull away cleanly.

Are they? Im not denying anything you have said btw its just because they are about 1300kg and a zed is about 1600kg? Yes the cayman is down on power about 300bhp but surely the weight makes up for that. Also the newer ones are 320bhp.

290bhp + 1425kg cayman vs 327bhp + 1550kg 350z = a very close call, not 100% on vehicle weights but that's roughly what I found on the web. So yeah it's a lot closer than you may think.

I think your weights are way off IMO. but who cares...

Gen1 Cayman was a fraction lighter than that, IIRC about 30kg. The new DFi engine has a few more pumps and bits than the old M96/97 engines had, plus there was some changes to the suspension as well I believe. It does depend on the options very much though, for example if he's got the adaptive sports seats then he'll be carrying an extra 25kg over someone with the stock seats: Those things are seriously heavy.

If his car has PDK, then forget about it. He will absolutely muller you. Manual may be closer due to differences in driver shifting, but assuming like for like the Cayman 'box is a tad more slick than the Zed one (I do prefer the manliness of the Zed shift though, adds personality to the car) so he should make up time there as well.

The cayman s will be much more clever when putting the power down than the zed. The only way to find out is take it to the drag strip. A standard zed is much slower than a mapped modified one even when the mapped one only has 15hp more or something.

290bhp + 1425kg cayman vs 327bhp + 1550kg 350z = a very close call, not 100% on vehicle weights but that's roughly what I found on the web. So yeah it's a lot closer than you may think.

how do you know that yours is 327bhp? is it remapped? stock zed is 309bhp

2 seconds of googling to get some figures.

Cayman S

0-60 in 5.1, top speed 171. 0-100 in 11.7 and 1/4 mile in 13.7

Compared to 350z 313 model.

0-60 in 5.5, top speed restricted to 155. 0-100 in 12.7 and 1/4 mile in 14.3.

So whilst on the open road everything is different, from the figures I can hardly imagine a Cayman S leaving the 350z for dead. It looks like there is very very little between them. Not bad when you consider the Porsche costs a lot more to buy. Also, didnt i read somewhere that the Cayman did not come with an LSD?

does the porker not have launch control? which would technically make it far more likely to be near its 0-60 time

0-60 times etc are all very good but there are very few drivers that can actually achieve them, i would say the zed is closer to 6 than it is to 5.

Assuming those figures are accurate, the Cayman is a second quicker to 100. That's a lifetime, and given that it's a better handling car too it's going to be substantially quicker on road, track or strip.

Who cares anyway? It cost £20K more so you'd expect it to be better, and if you wanted a quicker car then go buy an old Impreza for £5K, spend £5K on go faster bits and you'll be quicker than 99% of the cars out there. The Zed is about the experience, the overall drive, not the pace.

Na my brothers is a manual box and seems fast but I think I would be close !!

I would just love to wipe that smug smile off his face him !!Older brother

Looks wise I think the zed wins as the back off a cayman is :scare::scare:

Thanks for all the info !!