Any experience with USPS?

HaydnH

I'm expecting a delivery from the states and the current tracking says USPS have been notified to expect a parcel but not yet received it, does this mean the poster hasn't provided them with the parcel yet (after 3 days) or is it likely to just be a USPS thing where the tracking hasn't been updated? Anyone have any exprience with them?

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSIntern ... 56652479US

USPS suck :thumbdown: Even worseis that when it arrives in this country it gets taken on by Parcelforce :thumbdown:

They rarely update the tracking info, I've had items delivered to me & the tracking just shows pick up initiated.

The message that you recieve just means that the postage has been purcahse, it doesn't actually mean they have posted it though

As above, forget about the USPS tracking system as the goods will probably arrive before there site is updated.

Best to check it on the Parcel Force web site which will also tell you if there is duty to be paid, which will have to be paid to Parcel Force before they deliver.

Hope this helps:

Alex. :)

Best to check it on the Parcel Force web site which will also tell you if there is duty to be paid, which will have to be paid to Parcel Force before they deliver.

Thanks everyone, Alex, any idea where I can get a parcelforce tracking number from? BTW, someone should stock Zee brackets or similar in the UK. ;)

Thanks everyone, Alex, any idea where I can get a parcelforce tracking number from? BTW, someone should stock Zee brackets or similar in the UK. ;)

Its the same as the USPS one ;)

so you have to pay duty in this country as well? i have already paid shipping of about 30 quid. of my nardi handbrake cover.

pi$$ take if i have to pay for delivery in this country too!!!!

so you have to pay duty in this country as well? i have already paid shipping of about 30 quid. of my nardi handbrake cover.

You don't pay for delivery in this country. But you will be potentially liable for VAT (20%) and import duty (10% IIRC) on the total you paid for the item including postage. You might be lucky though and not get charged ;)

You don't pay for delivery in this country. But you will be potentially liable for VAT (20%) and import duty (10% IIRC) on the total you paid for the item including postage. You might be lucky though and not get charged ;)

Plus the the potential of a handling charge if tax and duty is applied.