Detailing virgin!

stuarty

Ok, so im going to have a go at detailing my own cars. Ive opted to use dodo juice products. Ive listed below the steps/products that im going to use, so any comments/advice would be gratefully appreciated. :)

1, wash car using two bucket method using dj born to be mild shampoo and wash mits.

2, clay car using clay bar and dj born slippy lube.

3, Repeat stage 1 again.

4, polish/cleanse car using dj lime prime or lime prime light by hand.

5, Wax car using dj supernatural wax.

6, maintain finish by regular washing and by using dj red mist.

I intend to use lime prime on my 1 year old saphire black vauxhall and lime prime light on my brand new alpine white bmw.

I will wash and use dj red mist weekly, i will wash and top up with dj supernatural wax monthly and i will repeat all steps every six months.

I know it looks a bit ocd but i want to get it right from the start. :)

Thanks for any advice in advance!

in-between 2 and 3 Id detar with tardis and after that a quick spray with fallout remover. With shampoo I'd go for megs hyperwash or something cheaper. I really liked duragloss but in the long run it works out proper expensive.

No snow foam?

Also I wash the wheels separately from the car but thats me.

I think red mist is rubbish IMO but if your insistent on using it only use it once the beading starts to die down IMO. Lime prime and lite wont do anything by hand IMO. Soft buffing pad on a DA or rotary is what you need.

Are you going to seal your wheels? Do you have a wheel cleaner? Polish the exhaust? IMO dont get the dodo juice wash mitt its not all that. :thumbs:

The wookie's fist? Are you crazy man, it's the greatest wash mitt I've ever seen: How many mitts come with advisement that you comb them with a pet comb first to remove any insects left over from when it used to be a sheep?! :blink::lol:

Looks like a good standard routine there. As Dblock says you may want to consider snow foam and tar/road cack remover. I'd personally got for LP over LPL by hand so at least it will make polishing quicker, just dont expect any swirl removal or correction from it. With the wax, dont bother topping up every month, you wont need to. Mine lasts somewhere between 3-6 months depending on how many washes I give it and RM will keep the protection topped up. On the topic of RM, make sure you get tropical, its easier to work with.

I would say for the new car, whip the wheels off one by one and clean, de-tar, and seal them. Makes them faaaar easier to clean later on and stops the crap sticking. I did this on my Zed(s) and worked a treat. Didnt manage to do it on the Alfa which gives off the most amount of brake dust and really regret it now. Once spring comes around I'll have them off and cleaned up properly then sealed.

And :worthless::teeth:

Tututut......no detailing for the Zed but for the BM all stops are pulled out. :p

All i did to the zed was wash with autoglym car shampoo/conditioner , polish with super resign polish and cleanse with hd cleanser and finally wax with autoglym hd wax. I would top up the wax every couple of weeks with aqua wax.

Actually i got really good results with that routine now i think about it.

Theres a new autoglym srp out thats not as grity and its got cleansing properties included. :wacko:

When i get time i'll post photos of my zed after an amatuer detail and my bmw before and after :thumbs: