Advice required

ibanezking

Hi chaps - i'm new here

I'm after buying a 350Z as a second/third car................ to use for fun and trackdays

We have a V8 M3 for best - and my Mrs won't let me trackday it.....!

So i want a car with some power for fun

BUT.................

i have seen a 54 plate car for £6500 with small mods

or a late 2003 with coilovers, upgraded calipers/discs and a sports exhaust induction kit which looks very tidy with 44k miles - jap import with good spec for £6900...............

i'm thinking pay slightly more for one that may be a tad older but already has all the goodies i want already fitted.......... rather than paying £400 less but then needing a couple of grand spending on getting it how i want.................

What do you guys think????

Max

:welcome:

Need a bit more info really kidda.

Service history, spec of the car, is mileage verified or documented?

Also not so sure you've actually mentioned a couple of grand of mods there either - I'd say prob just topping a grand depending on brand of parts.

Any piccies?

They are capable cars, but you may find you want to sink alot more money into them to amke them more competitive on the track.

those people that run Zeds as track toys have ended up spending alot more money to make the car more track friendly etc like brakes, suspension, lightening the car etc. some have also added TT kits and NOS.

I agree with the other comments. In my opinion a zed is not the best idea for a track car. Plenty of other cheaper to run, cheaper to mod cars out there.

With regards to the 2 cars you mention, id check exactly what those mods would cost. Coilovers range in price from about 200quid upto mega money. I fitted some cheap coilovers on my last car and they were shocking. Lasted 2000 miles before they blew up. I replaced them with uprated koni struts instead and they were infinitely better.

Its swings and roundabouts really. If you buy a modded car it may have been owned by an enthusiast who has spent thousands on expertly modding the car. Or on the other hand it could have been owned by some chav who bolted a few cheap bits on to make it sound better. When you mod a car and sell it with the mods on it you never get your money back, so it could be a good opportunity to get a bargain, on the other hand you might be better off buying a straight one and modding it yourself so at least you know exactly whats gone on it.

or theres these three that are younger - but don't have as good a spec or the extras

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310375663599?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170768243060?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270896298341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm NOT looking at wanting to spend spend spend on it.............. just buy it and use it(hopefully).......... i'm not going to be chasing lap times and wanting to take 0.3 secs a lap off my times etc.............. just have some fun and be able to use as a road car too!!!

That orange one is a great buy, BCR suspension would be my choice anyway on a budget, and the 17"s mean you get cheaper rubber to replace.

You'll get that for £6K easy.

i already contacted him and he said he'd take 6.................

what about the high spec black one with the most extra's??

Which black one?

its in the link just above the message where theres 3 together

Its an import, so the specs vary from the UK ones. The advert says its the GT spec, but it hasnt got cruise control - which the UK GT spec cars had.

The seller is also saying 320bhp and from what im reading its only had an induction kit & an exhaust. So even with a remap id only be expecting 300bhp tops from it.

Its got a few nice bits on it. Not sure what brand those brakes are, but eibach suspension is a well known decent brand.

Also those wheels arent to my taste, but each to their own.

LV insurance..............all fully comp, protected no claims for me n er indoors

our 2008 M3 worth £25k........... £620

our 2008 Merc Viano worth £17k......... £410

............... 2004 350Z worth £6k............... £750

............... go work that one out!!!

How much do you guys pay???