Varrstoens are on

Bry

Finally got round to fitting my Varrtoens.Big thanks to Peter at Varrstoen who has been excellent to deal with. They are the ES1.1.2 19x9.5 et12, 19x11 et22, 245/35 and 265/35 Conti sports 3 tyres. No spacers, no arch rolling and no rubbing.

Where did you buy yours from Bry?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the wheels, very BBS-alike, but...

If you have an accident whilst wearing tyres that are out of spec for the wheel, you do leave yourself open to possible insurance/legal issues. I'm not saying that you definitely will, but it's not a risk I'd ever feel comfortable taking. Just FYI, not having a dig or anything, I'm sure you've already considered this anyway :)

Love the wheels, very BBS-alike, but...

If you have an accident whilst wearing tyres that are out of spec for the wheel, you do leave yourself open to possible insurance/legal issues. I'm not saying that you definitely will, but it's not a risk I'd ever feel comfortable taking. Just FYI, not having a dig or anything, I'm sure you've already considered this anyway :)

Your probably right but it's not something that'll keep me awake at night :teeth:

Got to admit,i have the 275's on my rears,and i may go to 295 when i replace them,as i dont like the stretched look.

Just wondering,if an insurance company refuse to pay out for tyres that are not to the correct spec,then why have i not seen the police pull over any of those stupid VW/Audi/ Seat/et all cars with rims 2 inches wider than the tyres that are on the? Surely that is unsafe?

I do understand stretched tyres look dangerous but in all honesty I've never really heard of one failing or just randomly coming off. I used to run a 205/40 16 on a 8 1/2j wheel on my fiesta turbo and handling wise it was brilliant.

I think heavier cars may suffer a little bit more from it though as it does seem to soften the tyre wall a bit, but personaly I can appreciate a well stanced motor with mild stretch on the tyres :thumbs:

/Agree.

A friend of mine bought a pre-modified old mk2 golf with 'Borbet' wheels, the stretch on the tyres looks great...when it was stool still. On the road as a passenger; simply going round a bend slowly was a rollercoaster ride with active clenching! :scare:

I have 275 on the rear 10.5's and I think it's the limit, like you Daryl I may go 285/295 next time. :thumbs:

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting my Varrtoens.Big thanks to Peter at Varrstoen who has been excellent to deal with. They are the ES1.1.2 19x9.5 et12, 19x11 et22, 245/35 and 265/35 Conti sports 3 tyres. No spacers, no arch rolling and no rubbing.

Hi Bry :wave:

Could you PM me Peter's number and other details please ( £ ) I'm on a roll now :lol:

Could you PM me Peter's number and other details please ( £ ) I'm on a roll now :lol:

Done B)

+1 but I'm looking at 18" ES 2.2.2, very big wheels! Not sure they do them in 18s.

Again, love the wheels .........but too much stretch for my liking.

Poor fitment and Handling aside, I think the only way you can pull off that much stretch, is if it's so low that the tyre is right up in the arch. And that's only do-able if you never drive anywhere. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That front fitment is spot on, I dont actually recognise what you have on the rear as stretch personally ......... but then I run 225 on 10J's ;)

As for the "its dangerous/car wont handle/looks rubbish" brigade, I wouldnt worry too much, if was any of those things people wouldbnt bother, would they? ;)

Thanks for all the comments (good and bad, they're all welcome :lol: ) I'm on lowering springs. I must post up some more recent pics now I've had chance to clean her up after winter.

• 1 month later...