Offside rear tyre wear............

glrnet

I've just put new wheels and tyres on the Zed and I noticed that the old rear offside tyre was worn more than the nearside. The wear is even across the whole tread and by about 1mm more than the nearside rear tyre. I haven't been on track but there has been some enthusiastic driving. I have had a little search but found nothing specific on here, however, there is some useful info via google but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar. If any of you tyre and suspension gurus can offer suggestions as to what best to have checked initially I'd be grateful as I don't want to wreck a brand new Vred, well not like without having some fun :):thumbs:

No :blush: That's what I was thinking :surrender:

Did you get 4 wheel alignment done when you put the falkens on? My last set of Bridgestones lasted 24k and the wear was even... Almost as much spirited driving as you bar the Hoon although a lot more miles inbetween so maybe a poor comparison...

Something to do with the extra weight on that side of the car? :snack:

Now that's just rude :dots:

But could be a fair indication of transporting too many pies on the offside part of the vehicle.

Sounds like it needs a small amount of adjustment.

I've lost 2.5 lbs since Jan 5th but I suspect that won't be enough :D Anyone recommend 4 wheel alignment in Surrey? :)

Has anyone used these people, especially the one in Dorking? :shrug:

But could be a fair indication of transporting too many pies on the offside part of the vehicle.

I've lost 2.5 lbs since Jan 5th but I suspect that won't be enough :D Anyone recommend 4 wheel alignment in Surrey? :)

Abbey do 4 wheel laser alignment ;)

Cheers Ian, I actually didn't know that until earlier today, Mark and I have had a PM discussion :thumbs:

Abbey do 4 wheel laser alignment ;)