350z : Should I go for a 05, 06 or 07 model?

So I'm looking to pick up my first Zed after being smitten on a test drive. I'll be part financing so have a bit of flexibility on the cost so for that reason I've been looking between the 05-07 models and trying to wrap my head around the differences between them.

The 07 will (of course) take me to the top end of my budget. I've read a few conflicting points on what the better model would be, but putting price to one side I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

What I (think I) know for sure:

'06 model onwards has a higher tax band than pre '06

'06 model onwards has the Xenon head and tail lights

I've read conflicting opinions on engine performance and oil burning issues on some models. I'm also trying to be sure on the different models available for these years - are they all by and large either base spec or GT pack upgrade (Bose, leather, heated seats etc)?

Since the test drive I've been at this for a good couple of weeks trying to get together all of the information I need, I'm heading to a dealer on Sunday to test out a 56 plate model so any input you guys have on what to look out for would be gratefully received!

Cheers all - Steve

Having test driven a couple of 04s and then ended up going for an 07 I can honestly say that in terms of the way it drives there's not really any noticeable difference.

However, I know very little about the mechanical differences etc other than the new ones have slightly more power but that as mentioned isn't really noticeable

2 trim levels as you say but would probably find that the majority of GT's will also have the optional Rays alloys which were a £1000 option when ordered new,tho if you purchased a car without you could pick up a good set with tyres for the £500 mark.

I went for the facelift 06 because of the improved interior, rear lights, headlights etc Final decision is up to you though. :thumbs:

That's what I'm leaning towards at the minute - halfway up the budget. Trying to find a black one that ticks all of the boxes!