More shocking driving

coldel

Well, unbelievable really. I am still in utter shock.

Queuing along a road which leads to a busy junction near Chiswick bridge (coming from Barnes direction if you know the area) and we are all stuck so we sit patiently, well most of us. Suddenly in my wing mirror I see a chap, on the otherside of the road, in his Merc just cruising along the wrong side or the road. He had his indicator on so thought he was just jumping out the queue to turn right - but no, he just drives at oncoming traffic passing me and driving straight at them, old fella, about 50, expressionless, just drives at these cars coming at him in the opposite direction. They end up mounting the kerb to get out of his way. After clearing all the traffic I can see him in the distance just pull back in at the front of the queue at the lights.

I ended up catching him up towards the A4 and saw him nearly drive into two cyclists swerving violently out the way at the last moment.

Thing is he wasnt speeding, just driving so badly it scared the hell out of me.

An utter disaster just waiting to happen. So for the record, it was a shabby old Merc SL reg ROF 810, in the Chiswick Hammersmith area, if you come across him, dont play chicken with him you will lose your car maybe even more :thumbdown: an utter liability and should have his licence taken away for good.

Well, unbelievable really. I am still in utter shock.

Queuing along a road which leads to a busy junction near Chiswick bridge (coming from Barnes direction if you know the area) and we are all stuck so we sit patiently, well most of us. Suddenly in my wing mirror I see a chap, on the otherside of the road, in his Merc just cruising along the wrong side or the road. He had his indicator on so thought he was just jumping out the queue to turn right - but no, he just drives at oncoming traffic passing me and driving straight at them, old fella, about 50, expressionless, just drives at these cars coming at him in the opposite direction. They end up mounting the kerb to get out of his way. After clearing all the traffic I can see him in the distance just pull back in at the front of the queue at the lights.

I ended up catching him up towards the A4 and saw him nearly drive into two cyclists swerving violently out the way at the last moment.

Thing is he wasnt speeding, just driving so badly it scared the hell out of me.

An utter disaster just waiting to happen. So for the record, it was a shabby old Merc SL reg ROF 810, in the Chiswick Hammersmith area, if you come across him, dont play chicken with him you will lose your car maybe even more :thumbdown: an utter liability and should have his licence taken away for good.

I saw that happen when I was driving the other way. Naturally enough the 10 cars in front of me squeezed themselves onto the pavement, etc and I just parked the car across the width of my side of the road and watched the guy boil up in anger. He then spent about 5 minutes trying to push in while nobody obviously wanted to let him in. Luckily I was in no hurry at the time and enjoyed every second. True story.

I saw that happen when I was driving the other way. Naturally enough the 10 cars in front of me squeezed themselves onto the pavement, etc and I just parked the car across the width of my side of the road and watched the guy boil up in anger. He then spent about 5 minutes trying to push in while nobody obviously wanted to let him in. Luckily I was in no hurry at the time and enjoyed every second. True story.