Well, that didnt last long...

Chesterfield

Range Rover started giving error messages the last day or so. Suspension fault - Normal Height Available Only.

Looking around, it seems the air compressor is possibly failing. Not bad to say its only about 6 months old with less than 6k on the clock.

Serious question.... Can JLR build f**king anything to a decent standard today? :lol:

Although their recent cars are starting to look very nice, Id be spending a bit more time enuring they build the bloody things right if I were them.

Range Rover started giving error messages the last day or so. Suspension fault - Normal Height Available Only.

Looking around, it seems the air compressor is possibly failing. Not bad to say its only about 6 months old with less than 6k on the clock.

Serious question.... Can JLR build f**king anything to a decent standard today? :lol:

Although their recent cars are starting to look very nice, Id be spending a bit more time enuring they build the bloody things right if I were them.

In answer to your question I am afraid unfortunately they can not.

Up in rural Scotland where I live a 4 x 4 is a must for 6 months of the year and most of my affluent friends have Range Rovers or Discoveries, however experience has taught them to chop them in before the warranty expires, however that does not solve the many issues of mechanical or electrical failure within the warranty period, which leaves them stranded on many occasions.

In answer to your question I am afraid unfortunately they can not.

Up in rural Scotland where I live a 4 x 4 is a must for 6 months of the year and most of my affluent friends have Range Rovers or Discoveries, however experience has taught them to chop them in before the warranty expires, however that does not solve the many issues of mechanical or electrical failure within the warranty period, which leaves them stranded on many occasions.

My friend used to work for LR - he said never buy anything from them brand new - wait 6 months for the first owner to keep bringing it back to get things fixed then buy yourself the perfect car for a cheaper cost

Very Good Advice :#1:

My friend used to work for LR - he said never buy anything from them brand new - wait 6 months for the first owner to keep bringing it back to get things fixed then buy yourself the perfect car for a cheaper cost

Very Good Advice :#1:

Mine was 3 months old when I bought it. I wasnt going to buy anything new from JLR after the last one, they had enough of my money for a piece of junk with the xf. Actually I fibbed, Ive just realised its 7 or 8 months old. If someone had bought it 6 months old, they would have got this problem :lol:

Ah well, it'll get fixed hopefully. Im just quote dissapointed that even after giving the brand a second chance, it turns out that it wasnt just unlucky that both my brother and I got lemons in the xf. It appears they just build all lemons, its just a question of what will go wrong with each one. Thats certainly my experience. :lol:

Mine was 3 months old when I bought it. I wasnt going to buy anything new from JLR after the last one, they had enough of my money for a piece of junk with the xf. Actually I fibbed, Ive just realised its 7 or 8 months old. If someone had bought it 6 months old, they would have got this problem :lol:

Ah well, it'll get fixed hopefully. Im just quote dissapointed that even after giving the brand a second chance, it turns out that it wasnt just unlucky that both my brother and I got lemons in the xf. It appears they just build all lemons, its just a question of what will go wrong with each one. Thats certainly my experience. :lol:

I wouldnt bother with their customer services. They are absolutely useless, couldn't care less and may as well just be furnished with a list of dealers numbers for you to call. They are the biggest bunch of slopey teflon shouldered folk Ive ever had the misfortune to try and rely upon. Once the product is out of their factory they couldnt give two nobs of goat sh*t about it.

On the plus side I am fairly confident in my local Land Rover dealer though, they have always been very professional.

I wouldnt bother with their customer services. They are absolutely useless, couldn't care less and may as well just be furnished with a list of dealers numbers for you to call. They are the biggest bunch of slopey teflon shouldered folk Ive ever had the misfortune to try and rely upon. Once the product is out of their factory they couldnt give two nobs of goat sh*t about it.

On the plus side I am fairly confident in my local Land Rover dealer though, they have always been very professional.

Sorry to see JLR are out to get you again Chris :lol:

As you say, at least you have a good dealer, thats the most important thing. I dont think any OEM gives two shits about its owners, its down to the dealer to fight your corner. :thumbdown:

Sorry to see JLR are out to get you again Chris :lol:

As you say, at least you have a good dealer, thats the most important thing. I dont think any OEM gives two shits about its owners, its down to the dealer to fight your corner. :thumbdown: