33's & 45's to CD/MP3

mbs

I have a large collection of vinyl collected in the 60's and 70's and want to transfer some of them to a more modern format. Anybody done it and can recommend a turntable that gives good quality.

Cheers

I need a new turntable anyway and was hoping to be able to combine both jobs, but now sure what kind of souns quality you get with one of the turntables currently advertised with this facility.

Maplins do a USB turntable. Once you import them to a laptop or PC, you can burn CDs or do what you like with them. Getting a cheap mp3 player means you can enjoy them anywhere then.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/ion-profile-pro-lp-deluxe-usb-turntable-266227?n=1&C=found&U=P6%20Promo%202011&T=USB%20Turntable&gclid=CK6ykJf776wCFcRH3godxnklMA

The make I bought was ION

I did mine about three years ago, the quality is ok, as far as I can tell, can't remeber the name of the thing and I'm working away, back tomorrow and will let you know then :thumbs:

Just comes down to how fine your hearing is

At my age not so good :lol: just wondered if anyone on here had one and could recommend.

I was given a Numark USB turntable as a present a few years ago, but I have to say the quality is not that good (not compared to the Rega 3 I use for proper listening).

There must be a way of capturing the signal from your usual turntable/amp combo onto a laptop via the right software by now I would have thought. Use the tape output from the amp to the line in/mic socket on your laptop?

Did some years ago (pre broadband) used the software 'Audio Lab4' (pretty old )

When I did mine it was a sterio jack from the sterio out - to the PC audio card, not sure of the cables you woud need now. :lol::shrug:

Just download the MP3, that's what I do now.

Before the USB turntables came along all i did was wire up a jack plug connection that feeds into my laptop from the amp i use for the record deck i still have. That way you still get to use your 'decent deck' for playing. Be careful best to use a low output feed such as tape out. There are plenty of free audio recording software packs on t'internet.

It took hours though so as Andy says best to just getthe MP3 versions. However not everything has been digitised yet myold 12 inch dance singles are still rare as the proverbial 50mpg zed!!

Before you begin clean the needle and the record- set record levels high enoughbut without distiortion.

The make I bought was ION

I did mine about three years ago, the quality is ok, as far as I can tell, can't remeber the name of the thing and I'm working away, back tomorrow and will let you know then :thumbs:

Just comes down to how fine your hearing is

At my age not so good :lol: just wondered if anyone on here had one and could recommend.

Just download the MP3, that's what I do now.

That's the way to do it :thumbs: . There are ways and means of downloading from YouTube and you would be amazed at the amount of stuff on there these days. Just recently I've spotted entire LP's in high quality by a wide range of artists such as Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, The Who, Fleetwood Mac and many, many others too. Even really obscure bands from the 60's through to the 90's can be found on YouTube and the list is growing all the time :) .

Pete