Its going to be a long winter :(

MidnightRacer

So its been a month since I took my Zed off the road for winter and its killing me already!

I took the covers off and ran it up to temperature yesterday and she still purrs away..... its also amazingly clean under there too! such a shame to be missing out on all these nice days we have been having.

and to make it worse, my brother turned up in his new car the other day............ yep a Ginger 350z!

to cheer myself up I've ordered a new headunit with sat nav so it will give me something to do at least.

I'm hoping for a mild start to next year so maybe I can bring it out early!

anyone else got the Zed blues?

if you have to tuck it up, do it when the gritters first go out.

+1 - Mine wont be SORN'd but I'll try not to take it out once the gritters start coming out. Only on nice days after the grit has been washed away, or when I can get her clean again afterwards. Had the old girl out yesterday for a good run to the New Forrest and it was great to have a nice responsive petrol over the Diesel daily driver :drive1

I spent 3 hours cleaning mine on Friday then drove it straight into my garage and put the cover on...I keep checking the bbc weather page and thinking i could get away with a few more weeks driving...my tax runs out at the end of the month then I'll just sorn until the weather dries out a bit which i guess won't be until March, if i'm remembering correctly April was a scorcher this year so fingers crossed for 2012.

I do miss driving mine and its only been 4 days :lol: its just that after spending all that time cleaning it i really dont want it getting filthy again....I know I'm being a tart but i cant help it, i hate it dirty....the car that is.

Never known a car club where so many people put their cars away for winter! ??

Don't see the point myself unless conditions are really bad ie snow and ice. Don't want to pay out for tax and insurance and then leave the car sitting there? :shrug::shrug: irreplaceable classics maybe but not Zeds? fair enough about gritters but in London that happens for a few weeks a year if we're lucky. Wouldn't lay her up for half a year though?

each to their own though! :teeth: I'll be driving as long as theres not feet of snow which is unlikely in London. Scotland and those frozen northern counties might be a different story though :teeth:

Don't see the point myself unless conditions are really bad ie snow and ice. Don't want to pay out for tax and insurance and then leave the car sitting there? :shrug::shrug: irreplaceable classics maybe but not Zeds? fair enough about gritters but in London that happens for a few weeks a year if we're lucky. Wouldn't lay her up for half a year though?

each to their own though! :teeth: I'll be driving as long as theres not feet of snow which is unlikely in London. Scotland and those frozen northern counties might be a different story though :teeth:

Go to the Watford Gap and drive north for 540 miles. Then you'll understand.......

We make up for it by being able to drive on PROPER roads the rest of the year though.

I'm waiting for the first 'Oh no, the capital is at astand still' news bulletin because there are 7 flakes of snow in Hyde Park.

Have you seen the weather in central Scotland??

Mines is far two low to drive in the winte bad I don't want it ruined with grit.

Last year we had snow for months and @ 460 a year tax sorning it for 6months is the sensible thing to do for the amount of use we would get out it.

+1 on what stew said!!

haha I've heard its a bit grim up norf! ;) yes you do get 100000x times better roads when the sun is out and I get stuck with traffic jammed / speed camered / speed bumped roads that are driveable most of the year but boring :lol:

I think it's hilarious how London stands still with two flakes of snow but don't mind as I normally get days off work for it :yahoo:

one day I would love a driving holiday in Scotland but want guaranteed sun and will have to remember to bring my passport! :p

Tell me about it, was driving home on Thursday from a week on the road last week which included Belfast, Glasgow, Chester Le Street and Sheffield. Reached the M25 and it rained heavily, my god, the driving standards were appalling, I don't understand why people dither so much when it rains!!? :wacko:

+loads PROPER ROADS :thumbs::thumbs::drive1:drive1:cloud9:

Go to the Watford Gap and drive north for 540 miles. Then you'll understand.......

We make up for it by being able to drive on PROPER roads the rest of the year though.

I'm waiting for the first 'Oh no, the capital is at astand still' news bulletin because there are 7 flakes of snow in Hyde Park.

To be fair the Zed is quite a capable car in the snow if driven sensibly. Obviously not the amount that Stew had, but the past few years I've made it to work when loads of people have refused and that was in the 350z. I was very proud passing countless BM's and Porkers on my way home where they had been abandoned by planks that cant drive :lol:

I have the luxury this year of being able to car share the Alfa so no reason for it to venture out in the snow.

my excuse is im a bit country'fied so the surrounding roads get real mucky after the slightest bit of drizzle, Z tax run out in nov and i got the use of another couple of motors.

So polished up under the car cover and on with the Optimate, tucked up against the heater for a few months...