Single exit systems

Freebird

Hi guys,

After some research i think i would like to get a single exit for my zed, however there doesnt seem to be a huge selection available or easily obtainable.

I saw a GReddy Ti-C single exit on someone elses car on here and i think that with a bumper tuck looks B) along in the same thread i saw something about a Tomei single exit but havnt actually managed to find a lot out about it.

I can understand that a single exit is not to everyones taste but imo its a lot lighter than a true dual. I also imagine that its a lot cheaper haha. However my reasoning does connect with price to an extent and i think that a single exit exhaust is better than having a dual exit (not true dual system) from a y pipe as the flow wont be interrupted as much.

It seems that the only readily available systems for our cars are japspeed stuff, scorpion and milltek? But i could be wrong, does most of the other stuff have to be imported?

Anyway some thoughts and opinons from those of you more knowledgeable than myself would be appreciated.

My car as far as i know is totally standard with an AEM cold feed induction kit (if that makes much difference) and although it sounds awesome in the cabin, i want some exhaust note. Also to note im not shy when it comes to having a LOUD car ;) haha.

Cheers guys

Well after seeing Ian's car i did like the look and sound of the GReddy Ti-C single exit, but wondered how much that would set me back. I think he said somewhere that he managed to source it for about 350.

For dual exit i was looking at the buddyclub exhaust which i think comes with a Y section also.

At the moment im purely looking for prices as a zaust is something i will do when the weather improves as i dont want to fit a shiney new bit of kit and let it get instantly covered in salt and the like.

Cheers

My ears were burning :lol:

A single is a lot lighter than a dual & it also flows a lot better.

I had the GReddy but I think its been discontinued now? It came in around £350 but that was when the exchange rate was good.

Agency Power used to make a single, not sure they still do - they had stopped due to fitment issues when I bought my single.

Tomei - I was desperate for this one but theres more chance of a herd of flying pigs flying into my house than there is of ever seeing it released :lol: Although I have just bought the new one theyve released for the R34 so you never know.

AAM & Apexi used to make one but again I think theyve been discontinued aswell.

Could just get a Blitz/HKS end can and get some pipe made up as a custom (Louder) option :thumbs:

I had mine for about 3 years & I still take abuse of certain people for it now :lol: I said all along that singles were the future :teeth:

Hmm with this all in mind, i would have been hugely tempted to make something up if i still worked where i used to. We had a couple of HKS titanium back boxes that would have mated up nicely to a straight catback system lol.

I still might even look in to making one or getting one made if its going to cost the earth for a proper JDM system.

double-facepalm.jpg

makes the car look like one of the exhausts fell off, makes the rear look un balanced, its a zed not a corsa

if the single exit was in the middle then maybe it would be alright, but you'd need a porshe style tip.

but my honest opinion, they're gash and make the car look chavy, :shrug:

double-facepalm.jpg

makes the car look like one of the exhausts fell off, makes the rear look un balanced, its a zed not a corsa

if the single exit was in the middle then maybe it would be alright, but you'd need a porshe style tip.

but my honest opinion, they're gash and make the car look chavy, :shrug:

I'm not gonna argue with you this time :p but your wrong so very very wrong (again) :p

don't worry ian, you're allowed to be special, its why we like you.

i suppose its best to add at this point i am not a jap scene purist, therefore i don't like the whole JDM as **** scene like others do.

i have a soft spot for jap cars thats why i've owned 4 of the best JDM sports cars but i don't like the idea of turning it in to a fast and the furious entry, i did it a little with the zed i had and i ended up hating it. made the car look like a hotwheels toy.

if you like being different theres nowt wrong with it, you won;t damamge the car or the engine, so no real harm to it really.

the only down side is its just catagorically wrong :p if it was right, everyone would be doing it, not just our special friend Ian :lol:

You pays you're money and you makes your choice! ;)

Yeah this is true - but for once I am totally in agreement with Rich on this - think single exit cheapens the zed down to a rather chavvy level ...but then again with the market bottoming out so low and it becoming more affordable (at least to purchase anyway) that seems to be the way they're going :shrug:

haha ok then if someone can tell me how much a buddy club is gonna cost me id be more than happy with that :p but im still a fan of single exits and a bumper tuck. I would NEVER do some of the horrific @*!# i have seen done to a lot of zeds *cringe* :surrender:

First stops a zorst, then comes some other bits :teeth: (no chavvy / fast and furious looking turd though)

Hate me if you will :p but i would like my zed to end up something similar to this:

177_full.jpg