Recession....What recession..!?

sipar69

I doubt it......

I can see the difference between cheap and midway waxes. Midway and expensive is harde3r to see for me. expensive and super expensive I doubt I could tell. I'm not sure if a pro could or not.

It's all in preparation anyway. It's what's under the wax that makes the most difference.

The shine on Martins car at the last summer Wales run using dodo supernatural was fantastic. How anyone could ever justify a wax costing several K after seeing results like that is beyond me.

Results with £60 wax:

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Because you can usually get free refills and your passing this expense onto the customer. It also gives you an air of prestige.

I dont see how that justifies it :lol:

Free refils? Wow. For £2100 I could only get 35 tubs of Supernatural (at retail prices). Assuming I only got 25 applications per tub, that would only enable me to wax the car once a month for 72 years.

As for prestige, that will only come if you actually tell people you spent £2100 on a tub of car wax. Quite how you squeeze that into a conversation without the other party thinking "what a c*ck", I dont know. I may be more impressed by the car that they have put the wax on, because I would assume that a £2100 wax would be used on ridiculously rare or expensive cars. If not then the "what a c*ck" thought would probably be quite accurate I think.

My mate has 'vintage' and possibly other multi k waxes. He however part owns Polished Bliss so therefore can justify the costs involved.

Don't be taken in by the 'free refills' as it takes months, costs hundreds in shipping and insurance and is an all round pain in the hoop with customs as they want to charge duty on the insured value and have a big fight everytime it comes back into the country.

I get free refills on my Supernatural, always the most up to date version, as I have the wood pot! :)

That's the Market they are going for though. It's a good investment. You sped 7k on royale you can bow charge whatever you want for a detail. You will most likely only do cars worth more than £100k. So you know the people have the money if you use supernatural your not going to get the ballers knocking on your door though are you. You are passing the charge on and people always think you get what you pay for. Davekg did a test showing your vert expensive waxes no better than collonite. But on his jobs he still uses a more expensive wax. Why because collinate is cheap so people think it's rubbish. Also you use a higher wax you can charge more. It's also a boasting thing.

I dont see how that justifies it :lol:

Free refils? Wow. For £2100 I could only get 35 tubs of Supernatural (at retail prices). Assuming I only got 25 applications per tub, that would only enable me to wax the car once a month for 72 years.

As for prestige, that will only come if you actually tell people you spent £2100 on a tub of car wax. Quite how you squeeze that into a conversation without the other party thinking "what a c*ck", I dont know. I may be more impressed by the car that they have put the wax on, because I would assume that a £2100 wax would be used on ridiculously rare or expensive cars. If not then the "what a c*ck" thought would probably be quite accurate I think.

After a certain point its more about the image than the function. You see the guy on Fifth Gear who does the £5k valet and he doesnt do anything that extreme on it over and above a normal full correction detail (which would cost about £500). But he uses these waxes and other random shite so he can charge that much. And fools will pay it so they can say they've had the most expensive detail possible. Might as well just get a respray each time :lol:

After a certain point its more about the image than the function. You see the guy on Fifth Gear who does the £5k valet and he doesnt do anything that extreme on it over and above a normal full correction detail (which would cost about £500). But he uses these waxes and other random shite so he can charge that much. And fools will pay it so they can say they've had the most expensive detail possible. Might as well just get a respray each time :lol:

+1

• 3 weeks later...

This sort of bullshit happens in every enthusiast industry. Thankfully waxes like that are rare. I've not seen more pseudo science and nonsense than I have with audiophiles though. That blows car detailing out the water.

Oh, incidentally, I was browsing through and saw 3 micro fibre cloths for something like £2. I felt royally shafted for paying twice that for 1 from halfrauds. LESSON LEARNED!