iPhone 4s - Micro sim Question

ioneabee

just bought one for my son for Christmas (PAYG) - I've heard that it takes a tiny sim card ??? - he currently has a 5 year old phone which I assume takes a normal 15mmx25mm sim

Do i need to get him a new sim (phone hasn't arrived yet) - he's with orange - I assume if i contact them they'll put one in the post FOC and then have to port his number after that ?

It will come with its own number on a micro sim, if you get the PAC code for the current normal sized sim you should be able to give that code over the phone to the network provider of the iPhone and they will change the number over from the old sim to the new micro sim whilst its in the phone. :thumbs:

You will also need to change his paygo plan to an iPhone one coz of the amount of Internet data the IPhone uses. There somthing like £10/15 a month with x amount of minits and tex and unlimited data wich you will need.

so Dolphin then ?

when changing to this (if he isn't already on that) - I have to tell them its for an iphone ?

Im not sure what the difference is between the iphone tarrifs and normal tarrifs which have data. Ive always used data a lot ever since I got my first mobile phone. Ive always used them for emails and surfing etc... Sure, "smart phones" may use a bit more data as a lot of people have them running apps which go off to the internet more often and update things, but I dont see what the difference between that and an iphone tarrif is. So it may be worth asking your phone provider.

Also, with data, check what allowance they will give you, as it does vary a lot some have 100mb, 250mb, 500mb or "unlimited" data tarrifs. On my smart phone, i tend to use about 80gb a month max. Mainly because im nearly always connected to wireless whereever I am and therefore dont need to use 3g. My missus on the other hand, hardly uses her iphone and yet its mysteriously using about 800mb of data a month! She isnt connected to wireless as much as me, but doesnt really use it for anything different to I do. So it maybe that iphones just use more data, or she has some weird app perminantly downloading data.