Why are S15 silvias so expensive?

brillomaster

As per the title really, i just dont get it!

its not like there aren't many in the country, and they can't have been that much when they were new, but the cheapest S15 on pistonheads currently is £8000, for a car thats 12 years old now! Most are hovering around the 10k mark!?!

Now i know the s15 was never sold in the UK so they're all imports, but i thought that was the same with the V35/G35 sister car to the zed, but you can get a far newer one of them for far less money, even though there are far less for sale!

I'm confused!

There were/are plenty of S14 enthusiasts in the UK and many of these will see getting an S15 as a logical progression,but,as stated,there arn't that many S15 imports, so the price rises.

Which illustrates how blinkered some car fans are because,now that Z prices have come down,no way is an £8k S15 better than an £8k Z!!!

There were/are plenty of S14 enthusiasts in the UK and many of these will see getting an S15 as a logical progression,but,as stated,there arn't that many S15 imports, so the price rises.

Which illustrates how blinkered some car fans are because,now that Z prices have come down,no way is an £8k S15 better than an £8k Z!!!

This :thumbs:

Utter madness and a shame that the 350z doesnt have as many fans as it would have kept residuals much higher ;)

I purchased a brand spanking new S15 back in 2000, they were over NZ$60K then. Even now, they're very sort after, even though there's plenty over here, go for about 10-15k for a tidy one.

They're cool cars too. Wish I'd kept my one.

no way is an £8k S15 better than an £8k Z!!!

Different markets. The S15 is in enthusiast/2nd car territory, will hold its value and be far cheaper to run/modify/drift.

You have to spend an astronomical amount to add 150bhp and mod the suspension on a Z.

Different markets. The S15 is in enthusiast/2nd car territory, will hold its value and be far cheaper to run/modify/drift.

You have to spend an astronomical amount to add 150bhp and mod the suspension on a Z.

Well said that man, having tried both theres not a lot between them - the Zed is better out of the box but throw £2000 at an S15 and youll have a 400hp track monster. :thumbs:

And rear seats, and decent fuel economy, cheaper parts, more styling options, more technical support ........ theyve got a lot going for them. :thumbs:

I used to like them but they just look awkward from the rear. Price is simply down to the basics of supply/demand.

+1 when I had S14's and S13's they were the next step up and wanted one. Don't like the look much now though. Bascially the same engine as the S14 with a slightly better turbo so apart from the looks not much reason to pay loads more for one than a nice S14?

I used to like them but they just look awkward from the rear. Price is simply down to the basics of supply/demand.

+1 when I had S14's and S13's they were the next step up and wanted one. Don't like the look much now though. Bascially the same engine as the S14 with a slightly better turbo so apart from the looks not much reason to pay loads more for one than a nice S14?

A mate who has an S14 mentioned this to me before, he fitted an S15 turbo to his S14.

Only the earlier turbos are BB, the S15 chassis is a lot stiffer though, interior is nicer, bigger injectors, better mapping, clutch is better, 6 speed box, better diff (helical as opposed to viscous), intercoolay is bigger, S15 is lighter as well I believe :)

Is all of that worth the extra money ........ probably not but the car looks soooo much nicer than an S14 IMO. :thumbs:

Well said that man, having tried both theres not a lot between them - the Zed is better out of the box but throw £2000 at an S15 and youll have a 400hp track monster. :thumbs:

And rear seats, and decent fuel economy, cheaper parts, more styling options, more technical support ........ theyve got a lot going for them. :thumbs:

The S14/15 (and I have owned one!)was a design 10 years or more older than the 350z,and it shows,not a chance of me going back to one...not that I could go back to a UK S14,I think they have all rotted away now... ;)

I'm not concerned with modded cars,just comparing standard road cars.

Bang for buck, the S15's were and still are good value for money, they're small enough to be quite agile too, easy to modify, probably same over there very popular with the drift set. Cops over here were running a few at one stage as pursuit cars. Probably the last thing you'd expect to come after you. :scare:

S15 front: :thumbs:

S15 rear lights: :yuck::thumbdown::bang:

Stick the stock boot spoiler on, improves the look imo.