Scam, sorry if repost ....better to be warned

Zugara

Postal Scam: -

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact the m on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize .

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655

For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-p ... ivery-scam

you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

Are you havin a laff!!!

Jeeeepers!!! That's a nice scam. I receive a few cards through the post for deliveries and of course never any need to call, so I shall make sure my Mrs doesn't contact one of these card things through the door.

Cheers for the headsup!

Did you even read your own link? :blink:

The warning is about the circulation of the email (what you're doing)... as the number has been out of action since 2005. As stated in your own link ;)

People should look into this stuff before spamming it everywhere....

If you receive a copy of the email warning you about the alleged scam, please do NOT forward it to others. Instead, please forward this statement from PhonepayPlus.