thinking of tinting tail lights and front lights

bboyzeez

hi all i have seen a few tuts on web showing how to open up your lights and paint the insides smoke black but i want to know will i just get pulled over by police if i have smoked out lights also probably look at doing same with the signal lights on the back also?

am i best to vinyl or use the VHT paint?

If its too dark, you will be pulled and fined. Vinyl would be better, then you can pull the film off when you get pulled. Personally I wouldnt do it. It looks naff and your bound to get pulled by an arse of a copper who just wants to pick every little thing wrong on your car. :thumbs:

right ok plus i was thinking if i did do that then would i need to upgrade the standard light bulbs to 8000k or something as surely they wouldnt show through? and just to confirm is it legal to not have the reflectors on the tail lights i mean if i was to smoke them out?

are there any good smoked lights aftermarket for sale ? im not good at finding things hence me trying to do myself lol

What colour is ur car? You could colour code the internals instead. Me and clarkie had them on our azures, Cragus and martinmac on they're black ones. If u want a meaner look at the front then this is a good way of doing it, esp on a dark car but even on a light car it can really set it off- look through Paul T's (username P15UL T) threads- he had his in green, liquid yellow and white! :lol:

Before:

07022009011.jpg

After:

471986c4.jpg

ahh well my car is gun metal grey , i will upload pics of my car tomorrow :)

yes ok i will look into them flyeyes , but i really like the smoked ones as i think against my car colour it will make them stand out more and i cant stand the red tail lights on a grey car lol

Am old member on here (T2) also had colour coded gun metal lights, pics in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=23457

I was going to say u could get darker grey internals for more of a contrast and looking through that thread above I remembered Jay used to have black on a silver zed, imagine that but with less contrast and I think u could be onto something

thanks guys i think if i try the flyeyes first seeing as they cheapest option and quickest and if i dont like them can always remove and go for the colour internal :) right just looked on the main flyeyes website you get choice of colours for smoked is it the black 1 option?