For the same price as a Zed....

AMT

This makes me wanna be rich and be able to buy and sell for fun to try them all.... but for the price a Zed look what you can get... B) (im bored and on a break at work lol)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Obviously you wouldn't cos' it'll break and cost you a fortune and insurance would be dear (or would it? lol) but just don't you want a TVR in your life??? lol Love them and the one that started it for me is the Cerbera... mmmmmm. :lol:

TVR`s are one car which has never done it for me. I remember some fat CEO type bloke trying to show off in one of those like that quite a few years back. He saw me in my Renault 5 Turbo and just "had" to get by me. Unfortunately there were some bends coming up ahead so he didnt have room to get by me. So he`s sitting there 1cm from my back bumper, grinning like a show off. Then his jaw just dropped as I left him for dead around the bends and blew him away on the straight coming out of the bends. Im not one to speed more than I can help it, and knew the road was a bit bumpy, so after I had proved a point I dropped straight down to 60mph. Sure enough I can see him now catching me in up in my rear view mirror, his car bouncing all over the shop, he was clearly one of these idiots who thinks because he is fat and has a "flash" car he is god. Anyway, I kept at 60mph and sure enough he eventually caught me up and flew past me looking all smug that he had "beaten" me. :lol: God knows what speed he must have been going, but I had the last laugh as he clearly didnt know there was a massive bump in the road ahead and ended up nearly loosing control - he was all over the shop, full lock, I really thought he was going to end up in the ditch.

Really makes you wonder about some drivers!

A mate of mine's son used to work for TVR.

He always said only mechanics should own a TVR. :shrug:

+1 seriously unreliable but absolutely amazing cars, If you haven`t driven one you shouldn`t judge. I`ve been lucky enough to drive the three in which my uncle has owned, A griffith 500, cerbera 4.2 & sagaris. Also Hired a Sagaris a couple of years back. All of which (when working) put the zed to shame. An out right hardcore FR Sports car with the added bonus of a beautiful interior. If I had the cash & time to maintain one I would buy A Sagaris tomorrow.

This makes me wanna be rich and be able to buy and sell for fun to try them all.... but for the price a Zed look what you can get... B) (im bored and on a break at work lol)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Obviously you wouldn't cos' it'll break and cost you a fortune and insurance would be dear (or would it? lol) but just don't you want a TVR in your life??? lol Love them and the one that started it for me is the Cerbera... mmmmmm. :lol:

Insurance dear, nope, fully comp for me is £397. At last there are some advantages in being an old fart.

TVRs can put some supercars to shame never mind a Z lol. Nah I agree with all, their wierd/wonderful, wouldn't own one unless I was rich and could pass money here and there. As I said .. I just... "want one".. don't know why, just do heh. B) But anyway, back to reality... *jumps into underpowered front wheel drive Hyundai*.... mmm. :lol:

Look good, sound good, and go boom a lot! We do loads of TVR's @ Falcon. They are usually engine rebuilds and accident damage work, in fact we have one in at the moment for repair. The engines are highly stressed and on average are good for 30k miles.

A good example of how fragile they are was a customers car 6 months ago, it was the cleanest dry stored and well cared for one we had ever seen but it was the big 4.5 model. It let go at 31k miles without warning after she sold it to a young guy who drove it a little harder than she use to :surrender::thumbs:

Good cars when they are running right but can cost a fortune to put right :thumbs:

30K for an engi....... :scare: OMG....Thats horrific. I'd expect an engine to do 70K before serious probs happened, imagine that happening after 30?... Drive you insane... and make you and the bank ex-friends lol

They dont really do it for me. I also dont think they are driver friendly. I know the zed can be a bit touchy with the rear kicking out, but it does stop before the car is totalled.

My brother had a TVR 350. He bought one of only 2 special race/track cars from Silverstone racetrack. He only had it 3 months before totally wrecking it on the A34 :byebye:

I had another friend which had one. He also smashed it.

Depends on the engine. The older V8s will outlast most people, but the TVR inline sixes had design issues from the factory sadly. Once they've had the rectification work done they're a far more reliable engine as long as they're warmed up properly.

30K for an engi....... :scare: OMG....Thats horrific. I'd expect an engine to do 70K before serious probs happened, imagine that happening after 30?... Drive you insane... and make you and the bank ex-friends lol

I bet there's a member on here that could kill one in less than a week & prob less than 10k :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...