Possible new shed

spursmaddave

Thinking of chopping in my Leon for one of these.... pretty much the same 170bhp TDI so similar performance but definitely a step up in style and comfort :)

volkswagen-scirocco-blows-into-geneva.jpg

I have already spoken to one member who has one of these for a while and loved it.

If I didn't have the Zed I would get an 'R' but as this will be a London commuter I am wondering if I should forget the diesel and go for the 1.4 TSI... Test drive time I think, can't see me going for anything less than a 2l really though :lol:

The twin charged 1.4 is excellent. :D

My mate has a little 1.4 Polo (NA) and it's not bad at all. Not going to win any drag races but it's perfectly acceptable for driving in and out of town etc.

I really like the Scirroco so it's a fine choice of car!

I think if I don't go for the TDI GT 170 then I would opt for the 2L TFSI hopefully going to test drive a couple this weekend... I have seen some 09/10 plates around the £15k mark which seems pretty good to me :thumbs:

1.4 petrol or the 140bhp diesel would be the sensible option but I am rarely sensible :lol: at least I have crossed the 'R' off the list, like I did with the Cupra when I looked at Leons :headhurt:

Calling it a shed was a slight p@@s take, it will be worth twice what the Zed is so technically the Zed will be my shed :lol:

It will be my other halfs commuter and my commuter on her weeks off and will be a nice mile cruncher for weekends away etc....

Im not bothered about boot space really im guessing the read seat come down for trips to B&Q....

I love my Leon it is a true Hot Hatch even though its a soot chucker, but it just isn't comfortable on long drives, I could change all the suspension but it's a good excuse for a change :p

He's Zed's a sh*d!!!!!????? :ban::p:boxing:

Calling it a shed was a slight p@@s take, it will be worth twice what the Zed is so technically the Zed will be my shed :lol:

It will be my other halfs commuter and my commuter on her weeks off and will be a nice mile cruncher for weekends away etc....

Im not bothered about boot space really im guessing the read seat come down for trips to B&Q....

I love my Leon it is a true Hot Hatch even though its a soot chucker, but it just isn't comfortable on long drives, I could change all the suspension but it's a good excuse for a change :p

I really like the styling on these, especially look good in white. Been tempted myself a few times but couldn't live with the performance for the cost at new - but if they are 15k for a 10 plate then that is really good.

the new renault RS is nice as well, looked at one in a dealers a few months ago. Again would never spend that on a car as too many higer performance choices for similar money (although not new obv). 1-2 year olds sound like a good option though.

I've had a seat in one of these, and was it just me or was the dash a bit high?. I know thats a funny thing to come out with, but you either sit too high, or too low or the dash is level etc... but the Roc', its like...the dash is pointing upwards, as if you need to look over it to see out lol (im 5ft 10, so no I am not a midgetlol). Maybe its just me. :shrug: Noticible from the passenger side, the Zed slants down the way but the Roc's is high. I must be talking nonesense, I just remember not liking itlol. Rest of interior was fine, liked the seats.

Ive had mixed feelings about these since they came out. Sometimes I think they look good. Other times the back end looks like someone has sat an elephant on the back of the golf and the boot looks tiny.

I actually parked next to one last weekend I was surprised how low down they are!

Graham, hair is temporary, style is permanent B)

I had mixed feelings about these, especially the rear as it looks van like, but is very similar to my Leon to be honest....

They have grown on me, and there are not that many cars that look perfect from every angle....

As for my Zed being a shed, what defines a shed?

High mileage? Almost 100k

Cheap? Can't imagine my Zed is worth too much, although priceless to me

Something to drive come rain or shine? Yep that's my Zed

So my Zed IS a Shed....

I feel a :ban: coming :byebye:

I don't like them for one reason. They're good looking cars, probably with nice cabins and nice to drive but they're not a proper replacement for the scirocco/corrado. Shouldve been a proper coupe rather than a sporty hatchback