If someone had a gun to your head....

deank93

Megane R26 + cash to fettle....the list could go on but I don't think any provide the all round package that the Z offers for the money.... B)

Same here. And the comment about what else can match the entertainment for less than £15K. Obviously there are Elises/Caterhams and the like but they're a bit less everyday :( M3's don't do it for me but I appreciate they're probably a sharper drive than the Zed.

Assuming equal budget, and allowing for second-hand bargains and ignoring my bias for stuff from Stuttgart, I'd pick up a TTRS probably. Very capable cars and a great all-rounder.

Stick with the Stuttgart bias Ekona ;)

I drove a TTRS on track extensively on an Audi Experience day and although it was capable it was pretty much Audi 'business as usual' - it was more neutral than understeery but still dull.

It sounded awesome though, that 5 pot sings and the exhaust pops nicely on downshifts.

To be fair anything would feel a bit rubbish after an R8 V10, no understeer there :cloud9:

Nobody has mentioned Caterham . . . .

I hired a Caterham for the weekend before buying my Zed, and loved it. Not entirely practical, and nowhere near as nice in the cockpit (my son got wet feet when I drove through a puddle in the rain, too. Umm . . . that's not good ) but they now do wider bodied ones - anybody tried one?

The driving was as much fun as the Zed (though not as quick in the model I hired) it was just the comfort factor which made the Caterham a "No" for me

post-5330-135011913794_thumb.jpg

If I need to be 'sensible' and get a four door car in the future it will be the JDM Civic (FD2).

If I could ignore all practicalities then a Lotus Elise (would need a second car for that one.)

Apologies to all the die hard fans but if I was to replace the Zed almost like for like then it would be a 2nd hand Cayman S rather than the 370Z :blush: After looking at them (370Z) for the last year I just haven't fallen in love :( Cayman S is the way forward :D

Chris

If I need to be 'sensible' and get a four door car in the future it will be the JDM Civic (FD2).

If I could ignore all practicalities then a Lotus Elise (would need a second car for that one.)

Chris

Good shout on the FD2....love those and so rare.

TVR Cerbera, Tuscan. Have you seen how cheap you can get power for these days?! Shame it would fall to pieces and cost a fortune in repairs and servicing. You want one though... don't you... admit it.... with the candy colour changing paint... B) lol

Hmm....there's alot of choice! I've always had 2 'dream' cars (affordable and realistic ones!) the integra dc2 type r which was absolutely fantastic..until it was sadly written off (not by myself!) And the other, lotus Carlton. I've only seen a couple in real life so they're very rare. There's a couple for sale around 12 - 15k... Very tempting!

Lotus Elise for me, or a Rx7 :D

What about a VX220 turbo?

Great standard but throw a little bit of money at it and your looking at 250bhp in a car that weighs as must as a moist flannel.

Was driving in this morning and thought to myself I should suggest a VX220T :thumbs: 0-60 in something like four and a half seconds, a very rapid and fun car. A mate of mine took his westfield up to a track a month or so ago and said he saw these things beating everything on the track Porsches the lot.

Lotus Elise for me, or a Rx7 :D

What about a VX220 turbo?

Great standard but throw a little bit of money at it and your looking at 250bhp in a car that weighs as must as a moist flannel.

Was driving in this morning and thought to myself I should suggest a VX220T :thumbs: 0-60 in something like four and a half seconds, a very rapid and fun car. A mate of mine took his westfield up to a track a month or so ago and said he saw these things beating everything on the track Porsches the lot.

The are rapid litte beggers, I could be wrong but I think 0-60 is in 4.7 on a standard car....and you can pick up a beaut for 12k, courtney sport have packages for over 300bhp and tourque to match...I could be tempted to have one of these in the garage as a weekend/track day toy with ease....i'm off to pistonheads for a look :teeth:

You won't see anywhere near sub-5 secs in a VXT unless you destroy the drivetrain. My old VXR running 260bhp & 280lb/ft managed 5.1 secs when two-up and being as brutal as we dared with the clutch. Where they absolute annihilate stuff is through the gears with all that lovely torque, and then in the corners you have the wonderful balance of the Lotus tub. Very cheap performance, but straight line stuff isn't what they're about and a well-driven 350Z will keep one within sight.