what colour is my car???

John tarantula

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loosk fishy to me unfortunately... looks like a UK car (UK rear bumper, rear lip spoiler, headlight washers (JDM's done thave these)), but on a 52 plate which is not UK. The shut line on the boot/bumper looks suspect too.

My guess is that it's had front and rear damage in the past and has been repaired and resprayed. Have you HPI checked it? Maybe worth PM-ing EH 370Z to see if he can run one for you?

cool, guess the VIN is wrong then? defo a UK car unless they've changed both bumpers, clocks, and added all the GT pack stuff. Was made in 2003 though is on a 52 plate. Looking at the history it was exported outside EU and then reimported back in 2005 which might explain the plate?? they can use 52 for between sept 2002 and april 2003.

Edit, just to say it was HPI checked through EH307 and no damage on that?? the VIN no's all match as does the history. :shrug:

edit, also to say that it has had a new rear bumper as previous owner claimed through his insurance as someone scraped it in a supermarket and drove off!

You can get all the GT pack stuff on a JDM car too though... how about when you pull the sun visors down, do they have jap writing on them or Japanese?

Does the VIN on the chasis match the one in the windscreen? Do these match your V5? What colour does your V5 say? And is the car GM all over (i.e. engine bay, in the boot etc)?

As for the plate, i think the first UK cars were on a 53 plate, not 03, so thats a full 1 year older plate thats been put on the car. If it has been exported and reimported, it was a crap decision to put an old plate on it by the previous owner. :dry:

Hope you find some answers mate.

Yeah, first UK cars were late 2003 so the earliest was on a 53 plate. I think mine was one of the first as a November 2003 car :)

Any interior or engine bay pics? couple of sure fire ways to tell if its a JDM or UK from there :)

will get some pics up tommorow. getting paranoid now :teeth:

just checked it all over and all seems to be UK, Vin starts with Z33 though. If it is an import as this suggests then someones changed absolutely everything over :D

only Jap writing I could find was a bit about golf clubs in the back, rest is english, french (?) and german. GM all over (inside and out) and log book says silver?

All VINS match so if it is an import the only bit that could be dodgy are the service stamps for 03 and 04 as it shows as registered in 05? (no stamp for 05 though which is why i thought it was reimported then.)

Anyway, isn't registered as stolen, with finance or written off so worst can be it is an import which I don't mind. (or have I missed something else?) Has paperwork for full P3 service in June anyway but will give it a full check over.

and it's got the Nissan owners manual printed in 05 with it...

It looks like a UK car but as said you can't get a UK car on a 52 plate so that is very odd! If it has front headlight washers you don't get those on an import so if it was then the front bumper would have been changed too. Is everything on the pod in uk? My import has everything in uk format except the distance to empty which reads in KM's and it shows KM's per litre not MPG. Also check every sticker on your car - things like warning stickers, tyre pressure stickers etc are in japanese on my car. Also the jap battery is smaller. There is definitely something amis but I still think it's a uk car.

Here’s the info from the DVLA website, it also shows that the road tax bracket is less than a UK car of that age, it should be...

6 Months Rate £143.00

12 Months Rate £260.00

The vehicle details for RL52 TMY are:

Date of Liability 01 12 2011

Date of First Registration 05 12 2005

Year of Manufacture 2003

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3490CC

CO2 Emissions 0g/Km

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour SILVER

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

Defo looks like a uk car, jap imports have a little immobiliser dongle thingy have they not.

Could possibly be that the last owner put a private reg on it and left it on it? Could possibly be an unregistered 2003 car which sat waiting for sale. So best thing possible is that you have an 03 car which wasnt used until 2005