Intake Hoses

rodgeevans

Do you know you're missing a bit of your airbox? there should be a bit that connects the hole in the airbox to the square intake hole in the big black plastic bit at the front of the engine bay (no idea what that's called). Where did that escape to i wonder?

DB

Theres also a lack of strut brace and engine cover?

Well when i bought the car it came with the air intake pipe, blue hoses but with a cone filter on it and no sheild or anything, so i purchased an airbox off a member on here second hand and replaced the cone filter with the standard box with a hks filter in it, i did think it looked like there should be something else there as there are clips on the panel but it wasn't there when i bought it so who knows where it is propperly in someones garage with the original airbox.

the engine cover and strut brace were removed as i was fitting my plenum spacer and polishing the plenum as shown in another thread or actually here

DSC_0042.jpg

as for giving you my pipe (that sounds wrong, perverted mind i think) if i can only find a full yellow kit you can have it mate. so where do i find a yellow samco air pipe kit

:shutup:

(not allowed to say anything cos Abbey have posted - best look for an alternative thread instead)

Don't scare me mate! Otherwise I am going home and making that MAF sensor fit!

What I was going to post earlier, but refrained, was.... I put the maf sensor back after cleaning my air filter in the ARC and when replaced I replaced my MAF with the plug for the MAF sticking up, it made sense for me so to keep the wiring tidy. In doing so I noticed the revs were hunting a little. In my diagnosis I blamed the MAF, so I corrected the position and rotated the MAF connection angled to the bodywork. This fixed my revs from hunting? So in all fairness I'm agreeing with Alex on this one.

I wonder how it would have affected it if the MAF was 180 degrees from original position..? If it doesn't like being at the top of the pipe will it react in a normal way if the MAF was on the left of the pipe as you look at it, then your wires would be very tidy :thumbs:

I'm not so fussed to be fair, it was only a little idea to tidy things up. I can't be added to dismantle everything just for the wires. Unscrewing the MAF from my ARC is a bit of a headache, as my ARC is a tight squeez and takes a bit of fiddling to get out. I'll leave it where it is :thumbs:

I had looked at demon and the reducers are only available in 4 colours, not the required yellow and are the extreme version not the standard hoses, they have the other hose but not both,

Amber have both listed, Why would you avoid them have you had issues with them?

Yeah.

I ordered some hoses off them & because I needed it quickly I asked them to tell me asap if it was in stock or not & i'd go elsewhere if need be. They went ahead and ordered the hose from Samco and then told me that it would take about 8 weeks to arrive.

I asked them to cancel my order and give me a refund and i'd go elsewhere only to be told that now its been ordered with Samco they can't cancel my order :thumbdown:

I am surprised that it had caused the car to hunt as the sensor only works with air flow over the heated wire , the voltage change over the heated wire tells the ECU how much air the car is using so it shouldn't matter at what angle it is fitted.

A few off the Supercharger kits and turbo kits place the Air flow meter in a non stock position.

Wasso I would imagine the connector wasn't pushed on correctly or you AFM is starting to fail.

Well managed to get some yellow ones direct from SFS Performance, these are there own mfr hoses and not cheap bought in ones from China with there logo printed on it like some companies, and only a 2 week waiting time if not in stock already apparently. So better than Amber Performance's 8 week waiting time and slightly cheaper as well